It’s Christmas time in the world of Plants vs. Zombies, and EA is working on its big Feastivus update that will bring the fun of the holidays into the game. The update will be bringing a brand new map, Oozevoir, and tons more to the game. Here is everything you need to know about the Plants vs. Zombies Neighborville Feastivus update.
Plants vs. Zombies Neighborville Feastivus Update | Oozevoir, Feastivus, and more
Perhaps one of the biggest changes in the Plants vs. Zombies Neighborville Feastivus update is the addition of the brand new Oozevoir map. The official description for the Oozevoir map reads, “In Oozevoir, Zomboss-brand O.O.Z.E. is the ONLY ooze to use to bounce those hiding humans—and their brainz—out of their homes and onto your plate!”
Aside from the new map, the Neighborville update mostly aims to lay the groundwork for the big Feastivus event over the holidays. While the event won’t be going into full swing until December 2, EA is doing some prep work for the event on the backend.
Players will be able to participate in all the Feastivus has to offer from Giddy Park. Work your way through the Feastivus Prize map to earn new costumes, and be sure to visit Rux’s Emporium for some holiday-themed gestures, emotes, and more. All of the holiday-themed fun will go live in the game in just a few days.
In addition to the new content, EA will also be addressing some major bug fixes that have caused players trouble. The four main bug fixes can be seen in the list below.
- The scoreboard can now be viewed when the player is vanquished
- More options for mouse sensitivity
- Heal Beams will no longer be canceled when its target sprints
- Players will no longer be able to get a completed challenge after re-rolling
Full Plants vs. Zombies Neighborville Feastivus update patch notes
Starting December 2, get into the spirit in Giddy Park, where you’ll find snow drifts, festive lights, giant gift-shaped balloons, and more. Work your way through the Feastivus Prize Map to earn such frosty costumes as Super Rare Abominable Chomper at the mid-way point, Legendary Feastivus Master for Engineer at 100% completion, and Legendary Inspiration Elf for Engineer when you take a single path to the end of the map. Rux’s Emporium is also officially open in Giddy Park. Peruse his wares, including extra-cool costumes, chill gestures, emotes, and more, which you can pick up using Rainbow Stars.
Plus, we have a special gift for you (‘tis the season!). Get merry messy in a brand-new Team Vanquish, Ops, and Mix Modes map, Oozevoir! In Oozevoir, Zomboss-brand O.O.Z.E. is the ONLY ooze to use to bounce those hiding humans—and their brainz—out of their homes and onto your plate! Can the plants pause this plot? Find out when all this sparkly content launches December 2.
Want to find out what else has been changed in the game, thanks to your feedback? Keep reading for our most recent patch notes on the December Feastivus updates.
- Added an all-new Map: Oozevoir
- Updated Giddy Park’s loading screen to a winter-themed version
- Added new Grandmaster Ranks to the game so character levels now go up to 50 (current top rank is 20)
- Updated the Social Tab to show the Grandmaster Ranks of all players in Giddy Park
- Updated the Player Rank plates to make them easier to read
- Moved completed Free-Roam Region Medals to the bottom of the screen
- Updated the last Weekly Challenges so they now give Rainbow Stars instead of coins
- Added a Vanquish/Vanquished Ratio to the end-of-round scoreboard for multiplayer games
- Added new UI icons for Character Perks, including attack, defend, speed, and character-specific perks
- Decreased capture time for certain objectives
- Made it easier to hit targets on the final objective in Goopy Gully
- Added new ‘Casual’ setting, reducing the amount of damage players will take when at low health
- Added a cooldown timer to region Bounty Hunts and Gnome activities
- Added two new Festivals – Feastivus and Snowday
- New set dressing for each festival with “snow” terrain and visual effects
- Added three new activities in Giddy Park for Snowday Festival in January – Treasure hunt, Bounty, and Coin capture
- Updated so that the last player standing will now get a spotting and 10% speed increase buff to help them fight the enemy team
- Included the ability for players to now purchase Costumes, Gestures, Emotes, and much more
- Included the ability for players to purchase Rainbow Stars for use in Rux’s Emporium
Major Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the Scoreboard so that it can now be viewed when the player is vanquished
- Adjusted mouse sensitivity options to have a wider range, allowing the user to adjust them to a much finer extent
- Fixed the heal beam so that it’s no longer canceled when its target sprints
- Fixed the issue where players could get a completed challenge after re-rolling
- Increased max aim acceleration
- Reduced scale factor (ramp up) for aim acceleration
- Extended our max value for controller sensitivity
- Extended our max value for controller aiming sensitivity
- Extended our max value for controller aim acceleration
- Adjusted assist settings when set to low
- Adjusted acceleration thresholds
- Reduced multiplier when facing aim assist targets
- Reduced aim assist when pushing sticks to extremes
- Reduced base aim assist area when aiming at a target
- Adjusted ranges and step values for mouse sensitivity
- Adjusted min mouse sensitivity value
- Increased disarm time in Gnome Bomb
- Reduced max time to be revived in Team Vanquish