A recent Pokemon Direct presentation revealed that an Expansion Pass is coming to Pokemon Sword and Shield. The DLC is currently available to preorder, though even players that don’t part with their cash are able to take advantage of an opportunity to catch Galarian Slowpoke in-game. In this guide, we’ll not only teach you how to get Galarian Slowpoke but also how to snag yourself the rare Pokemon Sword and Shield Shiny Galarian Slowpoke variant.
How to get Galarian Slowpoke in Pokemon Sword and Shield
After downloading the latest update, you’ll want to boot up either Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield and head for the town of Wedgehurst. Once you’re there, navigate to the train station and you should encounter one of two new characters. After being introduced to either Klara or Avery, dependant on which version of the game you own, interact with the Galarian Slowpoke that wanders in to engage it in battle and capture it with a Pokeball.
How to breed a Shiny Galarian Slowpoke in Pokemon Sword and Shield
When you first encounter Galarian Slowpoke in Wedgehurst train station, it appears as though there’s a 0% chance of having a shiny variant appear in battle. This doesn’t mean that getting your hands on one is impossible, however.
By utilizing the Masuda Method, it’s possible to increase your chances of breeding a Shiny Galarian Slowpoke. You can check out our full Masuda Method guide for more details, or simply follow the steps laid out below:
- Get your hands on a Ditto from a foreign language region via online trading
- Leave the Ditto and your Galarian Slowpoke together at a Pokemon Nursery
- Return later and talk to the Nursery NPC, who should hand you an egg
- After walking or riding the Rotom Bicycle for a certain distance with the egg in your party, it should hatch
- There’s a chance that the egg could produce a Shiny Galarian Slowpoke, though if not, you’ll need to repeat the process from the third step.
It’s worth noting that the process is based entirely on luck, so it may take you an enormously long time or no time at all to hatch a Shiny Galarian Slowpoke.