The Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes are here for PC players!! This patch primarily focuses on fixes to Ubisoft’s first-person shooter Rainbow Six Siege, so let’s dive right into what busted things will no longer be broken in the latest update!
Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes Y4S4.2 | Patch Highlights
The Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes list a boatload of changes, but there isn’t really much new per se — this is a patch that’s exclusively focused on repairing some of the less ideal portions of the game’s functionality.
One of the big-ticket items in these patch notes is a fix for the “Clash exploit”. Simply put, the operator Clash had severe enough problems with causing unintended gameplay that she was entirely removed from the game while Ubisoft figured things out. Now, she’ll be returning to the roster without all of those pesky game-breaking side effects that caused no shortage of annoyance of fans.
Another key area that’s gotten some improvements is hit detection for bullets. There are lots of things that you can shoot at and shoot through, and they don’t always get things ri ght the first time around. As an example, it was previously possible for hostages to be shot through both reinforced and unbreakable walls if they happened to be standing too close to them. This issue has now been rectified.
Similar fixes have also been deployed for operators and props. Previously, it was possible for operator hitboxes to clip through reinforced walls and be shot; that issue has now been rectified as noted in the Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes. Additionally, a number of map props were properly destroyed when they were shot to heck and many of these issues were also resolved.
These are far from the only fixes being added to the game in this patch! Go ahead and read the full Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes!
Rainbow Six Siege 4.2 Patch Notes Y4S4.2 | Full List
- FIXED – Clash exploit
- The Clash exploit is fixed with this patch and we will be re-enabling her on live for each platform as 4.2 goes out. Thank you for your patience and understanding over the holiday period!
- FIXED – Hostage can be shot and damaged through both reinforced and unbreakable walls when placed too close to either.
- FIXED – Some thin fragile map props are not properly destroyed when hit by projectiles and other minor prop destruction issues on maps
- FIXED – Operator hitboxes can clip through reinforced walls and be shot.
- FIXED – Goyo’s Volcán can be destroyed and detonates when a reinforcement destroys it from the other side of the wall.
- FIXED – Deploying a Mira Black Mirror next to a Volcán Shield placed too close to the wall can trigger the Volcán explosion from the other side of the wall.
- Now Goyo’s Volcán will just be destroyed without exploding and spreading fire, destruction, and RFF.
- FIXED – Volcán’s explosive canister and shell will sometimes remain floating after an Ash breaching round or Mira mirror is deployed close to it.
- FIXED – Jackal can scan footprints from the disruption radius of a Mute Jammer if he begins scanning while outside the jammer area.
- FIXED – Wamai’s Mag-Net will still draw and catch projectiles even after the destruction of the surface it is on and will detonate them in mid-air even as it is falling.
- FIXED – Players can sometimes escape Frost traps if Finka’s Adrenaline Surge is used under certain conditions.
- FIXED – Mira can deploy her Black Mirror through a reinforced wall under certain conditions.
- FIXED – Clash CCE Shield SFX is sometimes inaudible.
- FIXED – Prompt to deploy Kapkan’s EDD sometimes displays when running and stopping near doorways.
- FIXED – Once Lion’s scan is finished, Lion’s debuff icon sometimes re-appears for a few frames for tagged players.
- FIXED – Kali’s left-hand pops in first person POV when unequipping her LV lance.
- FIXED – Caveira’s hand clips through her phone when resetting it during a Dokkaebi call.
- FIXED – Various dynamic clipping and general clipping issues across maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on.
- FIXED – Players can vault onto the shelves and other un-valuable assets in Day Care on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Valkyrie’s Black Eyes can be deployed inside a helmet on Favela.
- FIXED – Gap in wall present in 2F Offices of Tower.
- FIXED – A small gap between two walls in EXT Roof of Theme Park.
- FIXED – Deployable gadgets float after the monitor they’re placed on is destroyed in Border.
- FIXED – Sticky gadgets remain floating after destroying a vase in 3F Cocktail Lounge in Kafe.
- FIXED – Light damage projectiles don’t destroy the ashtray in 1F Security Room of Coastline.
- FIXED – Various minor cosmetic modelling and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Various minor menu and HUD visual issues.
- FIXED – Minor animation clipping issues.
- FIXED – Ela Elite’s model outline can be seen behind the paint during the Elite Victory Animation at the end of a match.
- FIXED – Operators’ guns will sometimes briefly display on the screen when picking up Bulletproof Cams, Maestro’s Evil Eye, or Jager’s ADS.
- FIXED – Snapping arm animation when close to an object while entering ADS.
- FIXED – Spectators can see Nomad’s ammunition count oscillating between the normal AK-74 ammo and the launchers ammo, when Nomad switches the gadget on and off.