The Fortnite AR Specialist challenge isn’t described in any particular detail in-game, making it a tough one to figure out for yourself. Epic Games seemingly want to leave it up to your imagination, but rather than wasting time experimenting we’ve got the answer to your question right here. So, here’s everything you need to know about completing the AR Specialist Fortnite challenge.
How to complete the AR Specialist challenge in Fortnite
Before we get started, it’s a good idea to bookmark our Season 11 challenge guide in case you get stuck on any others moving forward.
Now, completing the Fortnite AR Specialist challenge is actually deceptively simple. All that you need to do in order to cross this mysterious challenge off your list is follow the steps laid out below:
- Load into a match — any game type will work, but opting for a team-based mode may help
- Once you’ve dropped, begin searching for an Assault Rifle
- This weapon has several variants and the base model is of common rarity, so should be easy to find
- After finding and equipping one, use the AR to inflict a combined 250 damage to enemies throughout the match
- Doing so will grant an AR Specialist Accolade (1/3 for the challenge)
- Finish the match and then repeat this process two more times
Just to be completely clear, you must get 250 AR damage within one match on three separate occasions. Getting 250 damage with Assault Rifles spread across a number of matches will not count towards the AR Specialist challenge as you will not be rewarded with the AR Specialist Accolade in-game.
Now that you know what to do, completing the challenge and moving onwards and upwards shouldn’t take you very long at all. Remember to check our challenge cheat sheet if you need any more help.