Pokemon Go developer Niantic Labs recently revealed their upcoming Safari Zone Liverpool event and, along with it, the all-new City Explorer Pass. Other than an optional purchase to complement a Safari Zone Liverpool ticket, what is the Pokemon Go City Explorer Pass? In this guide, we’ll fill you in on what it’s all about and what potential City Explorer Pass rewards you could reap by investing in it.
What is the City Explorer Pass in Pokemon Go?
The Pokemon Go City Explorer Pass is a new way for Pokemon Trainers to “extend their adventures” over the entire Safari Zone Liverpool weekend. In doing so, Trainers are encouraged to explore the entire historic city of Liverpool — whereas Safari Zone Liverpool takes place entirely in the confines of Sefton Park — absorbing its most iconic landmarks while also enjoying the game.
Purchasing a City Explorer Pass will set you back £8 in addition to the £12 general admission or £18 early access ticket fees.
As an extra incentive, the City Explorer Pass features exclusive Field Research tasks, City Explorer Raids, and more.
Pokemon Go City Explorer Pass rewards list
For their troubles, City Explorer Pass holders will gain access to the following benefits throughout the entire Safari Zone Liverpool event weekend:
- 10 City Explorer Raids on a 72-hour timer at iconic city locations that will be chosen in partnership with the City of Liverpool. These raids will be accessible only by City Explorers.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators within the city.
- Exclusive Field Research tasks will be granted by PokéStops throughout the city.
- Regular Lure Modules will last four hours if placed by City Explorers within the city. All Trainers will benefit from those four-hour Lure Modules, not just City Explorers.
- Increased Incense duration within the city.