The Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes are here! If you’ve been waiting for some fresh Borderlands 3 content, you’ll soon be able to enjoy a brand-new event, some new changes to the game’s systems, and a boatload of hotfixes!
Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update Patch Notes | Patch Highlights
The big-ticket item in the Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes is the titular new event: Broken Hearts Day. Your sentient shipmate Maurice is continuing to study humanity’s customs, and now he wants to learn all about love. Blast floating hearts above enemy’s heads all over the galaxy and you’ll earn some sweet loot for the event including two Level 53 weapons.
What are the Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day weapons that you can earn?
- Terminal Polyaimorous
- Wedding Invitation
No further information has been given on these new weapons, but we’re sure to see more when the patch deploys.
Also arriving in the Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes are “event toggles”. Push a button and you can turn off the Broken Hearts Day event, just like that. Similar functionality will be made available for all future events.
That’s not the only quality-of-life change coming in this update. The Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes also mention that all cutscenes are now skippable in the game, saving players from having to sit through story beats that they may have seen before and letting them get right into the action.
Players will also have some more chances to improve their characters in the Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes. The core Level Cap is being increased to 53, effectively giving everyone 3 more skill points to work with. Guardian Ranks can now also be turned off on an individual basis, or you can turn off the Guardian Rank system entirely! This will allow players to disable perks that might not be working with their current build.
These are just some of the things that are coming in this patch; read on for the full Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update patch notes!
Borderlands 3 Broken Hearts Day Update Patch Notes | Full List
Today we will release an update for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms today by 3:00 PM PST, that addresses multiple community requests such as skippable cutscenes, Guardian Rank toggles, a level cap increase, and kicks off the week-long Broken Hearts Day Event!
Hotfixes are applied at the main menu. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign appear. If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com. Below are the notes for today’s patch and hotfixes.
BROKEN HEARTS DAY EVENT
Maurice, your sentient Saurian shipmate on Sanctuary III, is continuing his study of humanity’s customs, and has taken an interest in our strange courting rituals. To help him understand the emotional rollercoaster that is Broken Hearts Day, you’ll need to blast the floating hearts that are popping up over baddies’ heads all over the galaxy. Maurice will reward you with sweet Broken Hearts Day loot for your trouble, including two level 53 weapons: Terminal Polyaimorous and Wedding Invitation!
For the Vault Hunter who already has everything, or prefers their gameplay to be more straightforward, you can now disable the Broken Hearts Day Event in the main menu. This highly requested feature will be included for all future seasonal events as well.
With this patch, you can now skip all cutscenes in the game, whether you’ve seen the cutscene before or not, during solo play or by the host of your party during multiplayer! Simply press any key during the scene and you’ll be prompted to confirm the skip.
LEVEL CAP INCREASED TO 53
The level cap has been increased to 53, providing everyone with 3 more skill points to aim for! We are looking forward to seeing what interesting combinations the community finds with their additional skills and will have more to talk about in the future concerning level cap increases and character growth.
TRUE TAKEDOWN MODE
We’re introducing True Takedown Mode to the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite. As of this patch, there will be a way to re-enable the original version of the Takedown scaled to 4 players. Future Takedowns will also launch with both modes enabled.
The default setting keeps the Takedown scaled depending on how many people are in your party. To turn back on 4-player scaling, toggle the new switch to the right of the Takedown door.
You are now able to turn off individual Guardian Ranks or the whole system! If there are any perks that aren’t playing nice with your builds, you can now disable them! Furthermore, for those who want to enjoy a vanilla leveling experience, you have the ability to disable the entire system. This includes both stat bonuses and all perks.
When the patch goes live, the Guardian Rank system will be turned off by default, giving you a great opportunity to look through your perks to see if there’s anything new you want to try! Note: while the Guardian Rank system is turned off, you will not be able to gain ranks.
With this patch, Stadia is now caught up to the other platforms! Stadia players can now access Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot, fight through Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite, and take advantage of the QOL improvements that were included in previous patches.
- Addressed multiple reported crashes
- Addressed multiple reported memory crashes
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when updating the position of the dueling timer during a level transition
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when there is no player character while spectating in the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur when hijacking a vehicle
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur after extended hours of play
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur during combat in Athenas
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur during combat in Atlas HQ
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur in a multiplayer game in The Droughts
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when loading into a map when Campaign Matchmaking
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when elements react in bodies of water
- Addressed a reported freeze that could sometimes occur during garbage collection
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when using Iron Bear
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur after respawning a vehicle and then using the CAR station before the vehicle spawns
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when holding both the left and right arrow keys while on the Skills tab of the ECHO menu on PC
- Addressed a rare crash that could sometimes occur when quitting to desktop after another user disconnects during multiplayer on PC
- Addressed a reported crash that could sometimes occur when a host selected Quit to Portal on Stadia
- Addressed a reported memory leak on map transitions
We are continuing to work on additional stability and performance updates for future patches.
- Implemented multiple performance optimizations
- Implemented multiple audio performance optimizations
- Addressed reported performance issues encountered when players are pushed by another user’s vehicle
- Addressed a reported performance issue when fighting enemies at Lumberton Junction in Floodmoor Basin
- Addressed reported performance issues when scrolling through Guardian Rank Menu icons quickly
- Added weight to the Guardian Rank random reward selection to favor reward options with less tokens applied to them
- Addressed a reported concern that some missions were not awarding their cosmetic item rewards
- Players should now have the following mission rewards if they completed the associated missions:
– NOG Mask – Techincal NOGout in Meridian Outskirts
– Atlas Classic skin – Atlas, At Last
– Gilded Rage Jakobs skin – Cold as the Grave
– Signature Style CoV skin – The Great Vault
– Drop It Weapon Trinket – It’s Alive
- Addressed a reported concern that players could be granted starting gear that was far beyond their level
- Addressed a reported concern that a player in spectator mode would occasionally lose functionality when the Takedown host fast traveled to a different map
- Addressed a reported concern that a Second Wind would occasionally reset the Takedown mission after players had failed the mission
- Addressed a reported concern that players were occasionally respawning at the incorrect checkpoint in Meridian Outskirts
- Addressed a reported concern that the player character on the character select menu would be positioned incorrectly when a player late joins a multiplayer game on Skywell-27
- Addressed a reported concern that the weapon Tiggs Boom was spawning projectiles in the wrong location
- Increased the chance of Tiggs Boom to spawn a projectile
- Addressed a reported concern that Anointed Enforcer’s shield would occasionally disappear and make the enemy appear vulnerable when they were not
- Addressed a reported concern that third-person healing effects could occasionally scale larger than intended
- Addressed a reported concern that players were occasionally being teleported to random places during cutscenes when standing on specific spots in a map
- Addressed a reported concern that the incorrect icon was displayed when confirming in Japanese on PlayStation 4
- Addressed a reported concern that item cards would occasionally remain present on the screen after picking up an item
- Addressed a reported concern that videos could sometimes appear corrupt on Stadia
- Addressed a reported concern where certain key inputs would not be accepted properly on Stadia
- Addressed a reported concern that the joinable status of a game on Stadia could be inaccurate
- Addressed a reported concern with incorrect key glyphs showing when returning to the Main Menu on Stadia
- Nativized previous hot fixes
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker after entering Lectra City from another map after completing the “Collect Batteries” objective of “Kill KillaVolt”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker that occasionally occurred during the “Return toppings to Tina” objective of “Hammerlocked”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker that could sometimes occur after leaving and re-entering the map during the “Check dead drop” objective of “Going Rogue”
- Addressed a reported concern where dialog could be repeatedly triggered if the player loaded into another map while on the objective “Take alternate path” during “Footsteps of Giants” on Desolation’s Edge
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker during the “Loot Vault” objective with Typhon during “Footsteps of Giants”
- Addressed a reported concern where a player with active missions could start a session with no tracked mission if their previously tracked mission could not be tracked
- Addressed a reported concern that the “Emergency Response” perk was increasing Shield Recharge Delay, rather than decreasing it
- Addressed a reported concern that the crowd audio was sometimes coming from a separate location while chasing down Carnivora
- Added blockers to prevent players from occasionally escaping the map without dying when jumping off the edge of a cliff in Carnivora
- Addressed a reported concern that players could walk through a wall of rocks in Carnivora
- Added blockers to prevent players from escaping the map near the Apollyon Transit Station New-U in Neon Arterial
- Addressed a reported concern that the Gunner could sometimes get stuck in the second area of the Proving Grounds
- Addressed a reported concern that players could occasionally escape the Skag of Survival boss area in The Proving Grounds
- Addressed a reported concern that the Siren could escape the map while using the “Downfall” ability in Cistern of Slaughter and the Destroyer’s Rift
- Addressed a reported concern that the final satellite dish would not appear for the player to destroy at certain distances during “Bad Reception”
- Addressed a reported concern that players were unable to break an Eridium crystal cluster in Ambermire
- Addressed a reported concern where aim assist was snapping aggressively on the center of an enemy when fighting the Blue Fire and Red Rain boss enemies during “Slaughterstar 3000”