The Apex Legends 1.31 update patch notes are now ready to read, with the System Override event currently hitting PC, PS4, and Xbox One platforms. The new update today comes in at a sizeable 18.495 GB on PS4, so it’ll take a decent amount of time to download on an average connection. If the patch doesn’t automatically begin to download, you can use your system’s respective “Check for update” function to force the patch. Once it’s downloaded and installed, you’ll be ready to check out the Apex Legends System Override patch. Read on for the full details.
Apex Legends 1.31 Update Patch Notes
What’s in the System Override Event:
- Limited Time Mode – Déjà Loot
- Featuring for a limited-time the return of Kings Canyon debut of a new equipment type: Evo Shield
- The first week will be played on World’s Edge and the second week we’ll go back to Kings Canyon
- Exclusive Event Prize Track with two Legendary Weapon skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetic available directly or through System Override Event Packs
- Octane Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 System Override cosmetics during the event and unlock the Octane Heirloom set for free
Limited Time Mode – Déjà Loot
Ever spent the whole match looking for a Spitfire only to come up with Mozambiques? Wish you could just plot a reliable path to a 301 and purple armor? Well, this next mode is really going to speak to you.
Déjà Loot is a unique take on the Apex games where a glitch in the system has caused all loot to spawn in the same location every match for the duration of the event. Even the plane path and circle locations will be fixed for this mode, which will change on a daily basis while the loot location stays the same for the whole event. The intent is to create a short term meta shakeup and reward players for learning the new progression – but be careful, just as you know where that sweet r99-extended mag combo is so will everyone else.
The first week of the Déjà Loot limited-time mode will take place on World’s Edge, with the second week seeing Legends return to Kings Canyon.
Debut of New Equipment – Evo Shield
As part of the Déjà Loot limited-time mode we’ll be debuting a new equipment type: the Evo Shield. When you pick up Evo Shield it will start out weaker than a Common Body Shield (White), but as you do damage to non-downed players throughout the match it can become even stronger than Epic Body Shields (Purple). Evo Shields change color as they progress, but their perpetual distinctive glow will help you identify them. Progress also carries over from person to person, so look forward to some interesting late game scenarios.
To start the Evo Shield will be exclusive to the Déjà Loot gamemode and spawn at higher rates; after the event we’ll consider adding the Evo Shield to all matches, so please give us your feedback.
Exclusive Event Prize Track
In January as part of the Grand Soiree Arcade Event we introduced a new prize track system that delivered more rewards and more ways to earn. We’re excited to bring this back with additional improvements like more rewards and more frequent challenges to complete.
You’ll be able to earn up to 1000 points per challenge set and now the challenge set will refresh at a daily rate. There’s a mix of challenges that can be completed in the LTM or in any mode, so you have freedom for how you want to progress. As with before, you’ll still be able to complete your battle pass challenges at the same time too.
Event Limited Premium Cosmetics
The System Override Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends. All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.
Non-Event items can be from the following categories: Weapon Skins, Legend Skins, Legend Finishers, Banner Frames, Banner Poses, Banner Stat Trackers, Intro Quips, Kills Quips, Gun Charms or Crafting Metals.
If you unlock all 24 System Override Collection Pack Items during the event, you’ll unlock the Octane Heirloom set for free. If you don’t manage to unlock this new Heirloom set during the event, it will be available via Apex Packs after the event ends.
We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.
Designer note: The intent is for Bloodhound to use their tactical as they are approaching towns pre-combat versus reacting while in a fight.
- Increased the scan distance for Eye of the Allfather by 3x.
- Increased time to activate: .4s -> .8s
- Increased duration of scan: 2s -> 3s
Gun Shield health reduced: 75 -> 50.
Primary weapons will now automatically reload while in drone view.
- Base inventory slots increased 8 -> 10.
- Common Backpack: expands inventory to 12 slots.
- Rare Backpack: expands inventory to 14 slots.
- Epic Backpack: expands inventory to 16 slots.
- Grenade stacks reduced to 2 -> 1.
- Light / Heavy / Energy ammo stacks reduced from 80 -> 60.
- Syringe and Shield Cell stacks reduced from 6 -> 4.
- Med Kit and Shield Battery stacks reduced from 3 -> 2.
- Mag size reduced from 6 -> 5.
- Increased reload time from 2.5s -> 2.65s.
- Increased reload time with empty mag from 3.5s -> 3.6s.
- Slightly increased the scale of the blast pattern from 1.6 -> 1.7.
- Base damage increased from 65 -> 70
- Reduced time it takes to rechamber from 1.85s -> 1.75s.
- Muzzle flash adjustments:
- Reduced the intensity of muzzle flash while aiming down the sight for all weapons except shotties and snipers
- Red dot has been added to the iron sights for Prowler and L-STAR; iron sights dot will stay properly centered during weapon sway and bob movements.
- Heirloom crafting
- We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.
- Fixed bug for cases where Bangalore would appear invisible when equipped with certain skins. The Apex Overdrive and Killer B skins have been re-enabled now for affected players.
- For cases where sometimes Revenant’s Ultimate Totem could be destroyed or disabled when placed too close to some geometry, it will now be refunded back to the player at full charge when this happens.
- Fixed a bug for where sometimes players would enter a match with a different character than they selected and all loadouts being set back to default after the match.
- Cleaned up some areas around World’s Edge with bad collision or provided ways for players to exploit them.
- Fixed an exploit near Geyser where players could climb to a spot that provided an unfair advantage.
- Fix for cases where players were able to punch and shoot enemies clipping through doors and other areas with thin geo.
- Fixed bug for cases where full-auto mode would be disabled when players equipped the Anvil Receiver hop-up while in single-fire mode for R-301 or Flatline.
- Fix for cases where there could be a delay with firing the Havoc after cancelling a reload.
- Fixed a bug where players could place Gibraltar’s Dome Shield on Crypto’s Drone allowing the Dome to be mobile while in use.
- Fixed bug for cases where players were able to reroll Daily Challenges without being charged the Legends Tokens for reroll.
- Fixed a bug for cases where unlocking new badges would not trigger the red dot notification to make players aware a new badge is available.
- Fixed a bug where if players were respawned while spectating someone under Revenant’s death protection, they would return in that state permanently and unable to use heal items.
- Fixed players getting assist credit by using abilities that place status effects (e.g. Crypto Drone, Revenant tactical etc) on enemies after they are knocked down.
- Fixes for cases where the Store would show placeholder images when content would be slow to load.
- Fix for cases where audio from Wattson’s skydive emote would continue to play after she lands.
- Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
- Various stability and polish bug fixes for Firing Range.