It’s a tough old world out there in CoD: Warzone. The free-to-play Call of Duty game’s 150-player battle royale mode is no joke, so you’re probably all about securing every little advantage in order to help you and your squad achieve victory. In that case, this guide on how to run faster in Call of Duty: Warzone is exactly what you need.
Here’s everything you should know about getting the extra speed necessary to outrun enemies and stay safely within the zone while playing the new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) add-on.
How do you run faster in Call of Duty: Warzone?
As is the case in several other competitive FPS games, like Counter-Strike, switching from a heavy primary weapon to a lighter secondary weapon will immediately increase your movement speed. This means that sprinting with a pistol equipped will see you move faster than if you were to be holding an assault rifle or a shotgun, for example. Through a little ingenuity, however, it’s possible to take things one step further.
You’ll run even faster with a melee knife equipped than you would with a pistol, though, since you can’t completely unequip or drop firearms in CoD: Warzone, you’ll need to create a custom loadout with a Combat Knife set to your secondary weapon slot.
How to run faster by equipping a Combat Knife in CoD: Warzone
- Load up Call of Duty: Warzone.
- From the main menu, switch to the “Weapons” tab
- Select “Edit Loadout.”
- Select any “Custom Loadout” slot you wish to edit
- Select “Secondary Weapon.”
- Navigate to the melee tab and select “Combat Knife.” (Note: You’ll need to be at least level 22 to equip it.)
- Return to the main menu and select “Battle Royale” from the “Play” tab.
- Once in-game, either locate a Loadout Drop or purchase one for $6,000.
- Select the loadout equipped with the Combat Knife.
Now you can switch to your secondary and enjoy much faster movement speeds, giving you an advantage over other players in certain gameplay situations.