Just like in real life, having the right tools for any given job is of massive importance when it comes to completing tasks in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. As your needs develop alongside the demands of running a flourishing new town, upgrading those tools is integral to getting work done more efficiently. Knowing this, how do you get hold of the Animal Crossing: New Horizons golden tools?
Stick with this guide for everything you need to know about unlocking the best possible tools for any job in Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch.
How to get Animal Crossing: New Horizons golden tools
At the time of writing, with New Horizons having only just launched, it isn’t yet clear whether golden tools are included in the series’ debut on Nintendo Switch. Golden tools featured prominently in the previous title, Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS, though if and how they’ll be unlockable this time around currently remains unknown.
We’ll be back to update this guide if and when Animal Crossing: New Horizons golden tools are discovered in the game. In the meantime, to aid in the search, below you’ll find a list of potential Animal Crossing Switch golden tools alongside their previous unlock requirements from New Leaf.
Potential Animal Crossing: New Horizons golden tools list
- Golden Axe
- Previous requirement: Buy 50 saplings, then purchase it from a villager.
- Golden Fishing Rod
- Previous requirement: Catch one of every fish species.
- Golden Net
- Previous requirement: Catch one of every bug species, then talk to Nat.
- Golden Shovel
- Previous requirement: Buy 50 bags of fertilizer, then talk to Leif.
- Golden Slingshot
- Previous requirement: Shoot down the 14 consecutive ballons, then hit a 15th golden balloon.
- Golden Watering Can
- Previous requirement: Maintain a perfect town for 15 days, then talk to Isabelle.
If these golden tools are in New Horizons — alongside golden versions of all-new tools, of course — it’s likely that the unlock requirements will differ. Still, it’s good to know the sorts of tasks you might need to be working towards until confirmation comes at a later date.