As long as you’re not too afraid of the large eight-legged creepy crawlies, you’ll want to know how to go to Spider Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Thankfully, we’re here to tell you exactly that. Read on to discover how to get to Tarantula Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Along with letting you in on how to get to Spider Island, we’ll also provide you with some Animal Crossing: New Horizons Tarantula catching tips so you can start some Tarantula farming.
How to go to Spider Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way of traveling over to Tarantula Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. As far as we can tell, getting to the Tarantula-infested island is random. You can’t make it happen, you just have to be lucky (or unlucky, depending on your view on the creature). The only way to go to Spider Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is to go on a Mystery Tour from Dodo Airlines.
Follow these steps to discover how to go to Spider Island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons:
- Build up your Nook Miles until you have 2,000
- Mystery Island Tours cost one Nook Miles Ticket
- Buy a Nook Miles Ticket from the Nook Stop terminal in the Resident Services tent
- Nook Miles Tickets cost 2,000 Nook Miles each time
- Choose the “Redeem Nook Miles” option on the Nook Stop terminal and scroll down the list until you see the Nook Miles Ticket listed for sale
- Head to Dodo Airlines to pick up your Nook Miles Ticket
- Speak to Orville at the desk to pick your Nook Miles Ticket up
- Head outside to Wilbur to fly to head on your Mystery Island Tour
Remember that the Mystery Island Tour is random. Keep heading on Mystery Island Tours and you’ll eventually go to Tarantula Island. Check out our Animal Crossing: New Horizons tips for beginners guide to discover how to get hold of Nook Miles. Remember, too, to clear out your inventory as much as possible before heading to Tarantula Island, each one caught is worth a staggering 8,000 Bells.
How to farm Tarantulas in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Tarantulas are a dangerous bug to catch as they can attack you. The 8,000 Bells you get for selling them makes the risk worth it, however. What you don’t want to do, is to charge head-first into a bunch of Tarantulas. Instead, you will want to corner them. Tarantulas won’t jump over holes you have dug, so you can trap them, or hide behind a “wall” of holes and catch them with your net as they get close.
A neat trick to know is that if you trap Tarantulas that are chasing you behind a collection of holes you have dug, the rest on the island will remain still. This was brought to our attention by this tweet from caoki8, which shows the sneaky method in action. Watch the embedded video below to see how it’s done:
追いかけ係を閉じ込めたら、安全に無限に沸くのを取り放題。 すぐにポッケが毒蜘蛛まみれ。 pic.twitter.com/C9sT9nTZIl
— カオキ (@caoki8) March 22, 2020
You can visit Tarantula Island as often as your Mystery Island Tour takes you there. There is no limit to how many times you can go to the random island. You’ll need to know how to run in New Horizons, too. Follow these steps to catch as many Tarantulas as you can carry:
- Dig a collection of holes that you can run into, blocked off on all sides except for an initial entrance
- Get a Tarantula to chase you
- Run into your trap of dug holes
- Get to the end of the trap of holes and hop over
- This should leave the angry Tarantula stuck
- Run over to the entrance and dig another hole to close the exit
- Catch all other Tarantulas on the island (which should now be completely still), don’t catch the trapped Tarantula until you’ve done this as other spiders only remain still when one Tarantula is angry and trapped by holes
- Sell for bags of Bells
More Animal Crossing: New Horizons Guides
Check out our list of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides below: