The Animal Crossing: New Horizons turnip price range needs to be factored into your purchasing of the vegetables before you trade on the Stalk Market, given that you’ll need to have an idea of how much you can sell them for. Every Sunday, Daisy Mae will appear on your island and offer you turnips to purchase, but what is a good turnip price?
Animal Crossing: New Horizons turnip price range
The turnip price range in Animal Crossing: New Horizons can veer wildly from below 50 Bells to beyond 200 Bells. While there is definitely a lot of luck involved when it comes to cashing out at the right time, there are also strategies you can use to maximize your profits.
The turnip price range follows a series of patterns, which if monitored can result in you selling them at the most advantageous price point. In order to make a note of these patterns, you must check in on Tommy and Timmy Nook each day to ask them for the turnip prices, and know when to cash out at the right time.
What is a good price to buy turnips in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Daisy Mae’s prices for turnips will fluctuate every Sunday, but you shouldn’t always pull the trigger on taking some off her hands. Every now and again, the turnips will be overpriced, reducing your chances of turning a profit when you sell them on.
Here’s a general outline of the good prices to buy turnips:
- >50 Bells: Very high chance of profit
- 50–80 Bells: High chance of profit
- 80–100 Bells: Good chance of profit
- 100–120 Bells: Low chance of profit
- 120-140 Bells: Very low chance of profit
- 140+ Bells: Extremely low chance of profit
It’s generally accepted that any price below 100 Bells is worth investing in. While this still doesn’t guarantee that you’ll make a profit, it does increase your chances of being able to sell them on for more Bells.
If Daisy Mae is selling turnips for slightly above 100 Bells, you should also consider purchasing. However, purchasing turnips at the 150 Bell mark greatly reduces your chances of profiting, so it’s wise to reconsider purchasing at this point.
What is a good price to sell turnips in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
Animal Crossing: New Horizons‘ turnip prices will follow one of four patterns which are mainstays in the Animal Crossing Stalk Market. Keeping an eye on turnip prices to see which pattern the market is following will allow you to work out a good price to sell your turnips.
The patterns are as follows:
- Big Spike: Turnip prices decrease, before starting to increase mid-week. The third increase will be a huge spike. The price will decrease after this spike.
- Small Spike: Turnip prices decrease, before increase mid-week. The fourth increase will be a moderate spike. The price will decrease afterwards.
- Decrease: Prices begin at a low number, and then continue to go lower. You will not make a profit at your own island.
- Random: Prices are random throughout the week, though no huge spikes should be expected.
Make sure you’re monitoring turnip prices throughout the week to ensure you sell at the best possible price.