Filling out the Critterpedia with all available bugs and fish in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is no small feat, but definitely a worthwhile and rewarding endeavor. Now, things are set to become slightly easier as the rare Animal Crossing: New Horizons Zebra Turkeyfish is scheduled to begin spawning.
Stick with this guide to learn how you can catch the Animal Crossing Zebra Turkey Fish in the debut Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch game, New Horizons.
How do you catch the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Zebra Turkeyfish?
The Animal Crossing Zebra Turkeyfish lives exclusively in the sea and can be caught at any time of day between the real-world months of April and November — for players in the Northern Hemisphere, that is. In the Southern Hemisphere, the Zebra Turkeyfish will appear in seawater from October to May.
How to catch the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Zebra Turkeyfish
- Find a manila clam (here’s how).
- Use it to craft Fish Bait at any workbench.
- Head for the sea.
- Scatter your bait into the water to spawn a fish.
- Cast your fishing line so that the lure lands just in front of the fish.
- Once it bites, wait for your controller to rumble and the water to violently ripple.
- Press the “A” button.
- If done correctly, you’ll have caught a fish.
- Note: It’s also possible to catch junk items.
- If you didn’t catch a Zebra Turkeyfish this time, then repeat the process again until you eventually do.
To save time we’d recommend crafting a decent stock of Fish Bait before heading out to sea in an effort to get the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Zebra Turkeyfish for your museum and/or Critterpedia collection.
For all the fish you can no longer catch starting in April, check out our list of fish leaving New Horizons in Mach.