Predictably, Nemesis will chase you in Resident Evil 3 remake quite often. Especially at the beginning of the game, it seems like Nemesis pops out every five minutes to flex on you. If you’re getting stressed, you probably want to know when Nemesis will stop chasing you and if it’s possible to hide from him.
There are a few ways to elude Nemesis in Resident Evil 3 remake. Whether you need a breather, or if you want to explore an area without him punching you in the back of the head. We’ll show you how to stop Nemesis in his tracks (temporarily) and where you can go to escape him (also temporarily).
Can I hide from Nemesis in Resident Evil 3 remake?
Specific points in the story will trigger Nemesis to begin chasing you. Sometimes he’ll just be swinging his fists and charging you, and later on, he’ll get a rocket launcher and flamethrower. You can’t stop him permanently, but you can slow him down.
When you face Nemesis in the downtown area, you can cause him to go into a healing coma if you hit him with enough firepower. This puts him down for about 60 seconds, which can give you time to get somewhere safe. Note that Nemesis has two downed states. One, in which his head is only partially down, only lasts around 15 seconds. You’ll know he’s in the longer downed state when his face is pointed directly at the ground, and he makes a sound like concrete crumbling.
Unfortunately, Nemesis isn’t the gentleman that Mr. X was. Instead of taking time to locate you, he can take to the rooftops and basically warp near you. This means staying quiet and walking slowly won’t give you extra time. He’ll home in on you almost immediately if he’s not in a downed state.
However, you can slow him down by heading through tight areas. In particular, the stairs leading to the roof and the building adjacent will force him to walk and keeps him from warping or charging. This can be dangerous, though, because if he gets in close, you won’t have a lot of room to run.
Nemesis won’t follow you into save rooms and some other areas, but he will skulk about outside waiting for you to leave. This means when he’s chasing you downtown, the safe spots are:
- The Subway Station Save Room
- The Garage Save Room
- The Save Room in the Donut Shop
- The Save Room in the Substation
- The Supermarket
- Routing room in the Subway Office
Pretty much location other than the ones above is fair game for Nemesis. So, you can hide from him, but you’ll eventually have to face him again.
Does Nemesis ever stop chasing you in Resident Evil 3 remake?
The key conflict in Resident Evil 3 remake is between Jill Valentine and Nemesis. So, expect him to show up throughout the game. However he only actively chases you a handful of times through the game:
- Starts: When you leave the substation after restoring power.
- Ends: When you route the train and return to the station.
- Starts: Nemesis begins chasing you again right after you return to the station, and Jill decides to be a decoy.
- Ends: When you escape into the sewers.
- Starts: When you exit the sewers, Nemesis immediately starts chasing you again.
- Ends: When you defeat Nemesis on top of the roof.
- Starts: When you pass through the alley near Kendo’s Gunshop to return to the downtown area, Nemesis starts chasing you with a rocket launcher.
- Ends: When you make it to the subway station and board the train.
Aside from the four chases above, Nemesis doesn’t actively pursue you during gameplay. He’s tracking you in the background, but he doesn’t actually pop out except for boss fights.