It’s time to hit the ice with a new update to NHL 20. It’s been a while since players have seen a new patch, but the latest has finally arrived. NHL 20 update 1.6.0 is now available for download today, April 3, 2020, and includes several bug fixes and gameplay adjustments. While there’s not much new content here, you can find all the changes outlined in the NHL 20 patch notes featured below.
NHL 20 | Update 1.6.0 Patch Notes
NHL 20 update version 1.6.0 is quite small. Fans won’t find any major new additions to gameplay. Instead, most of the new content centers around World of CHEL. The patch notes don’t describe what has been added, but the development team advises players to “tune in regularly” to learn about new additions.
Other than that, update 1.6.0 is mainly centered around bug fixes. In particular, a bug that resulted in injured players staying on the ice has been fixed, and the issue that resulted in the puck being lost during penalty shots has been addressed. The team even fixed a rare bug that caused players to be unable to pick up a puck during line change requests.
This patch also includes several different balance adjustments and tweaks. Goalie reaction to passes have been improved, goalie tracking has been improved, and general shooting has been addressed with the hopes of providing a greater degree of accuracy.
Here are the full NHL 20 patch notes for update version 1.6.0 as provided by the team at Electronic Arts.
- Fixed a case where an injured player would be unable to get off the ice
- Fixed a case where players other than Marchand would lose the puck at the start of a penalty shot
- Further improvements to AI over committing to the puck carrier in 2 on 1 situations
- Improvements to ensure the weak side defender in a 2 on 2 won’t favor the pass lane over covering their assignments path to the net
- Fixed a rare case where players weren’t able to pick up a puck when they were pending a request to line change
- Further improvements to goalie tracking when the puck is behind the net and around the goal line
- Improved goalie reaction to passes on net
- Fixed an issue where a human goalie could get into a broken state when hugging the post and requesting a goalie pull
- Fixed an issue where despite having the correct top speed, players above 96 speed weren’t staying in the push puck hustle animation
- Further shot angle improvements for accurate release trajectories
World of CHEL
- New content added to World of CHEL which is to be revealed through the Chel Challenge card. Tune in regularly to see what exciting new stuff you can earn
- Adidas Hockey
- Belle Tire Hockey
- Ohio AAA Blue Jackets
- Shattuck-St. Marys School
- Total Package Hockey