PC survival game Rust has proven to be immensely popular and with the introduction of Rust+ that doesn’t look set to change anytime soon. The official Rust companion app for iOS and Android can be downloaded right now, so here’s everything you need to know about how to get your hands on the Rust+ mobile app and what features are included.
Rust+ Mobile App | How to download and features list
Tomorrow — that’s Thursday, June 4 — Rust will be updated at 7 pm BST in order to implement full Rust+ functionality. Although the innovative in-game features won’t be accessible until then, you can use the smartphone app to read up on all the latest Rust news now.
How to download Rust+ on iOS
- Open the “App Store” application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for “Rust+” on the App Store.
- Tap “Get” on the application listing.
- Confirm your selection.
- Rust+ will now download.
- The download cannot be started via a desktop.
How to download Rust+ on Android
- Visit the Rust+ Google Play Store listing.
- Select the “Install” option.
- Choose the device you want to install on.
- Select the “CONTINUE” option.
Rust+ Mobile App features
Following the June 4 Rust Companion App update, you’ll be able to use Rust+ to interact with the game in several interesting ways.
- Explore the map
- Find points of interest.
- Track teammates.
- Check vending machines.
- Track ongoing events.
- Chat to teammates
- Message in-game friends from the app.
- Messages are visible both via the in-game text chat and on the app.
- Control in-game devices
- New in-game Smart Switches and Smart Alarms can be triggered remotely via Rust+.
- Power electrical contraptions on and/or off, plus get a push notification if an alarm is triggered while you’re away.
- To pair devices with Rust+, approach them in-game and hold down E then select the pair option.
- Get Rust news
- Read the latest blogs and news items.