Before you head online to play some more of the tactical shooter, you’ll need to download and install the new Rainbow Six Siege 1.88 update. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.88 update patch notes. Alternatively, however, you can stick with us a little longer and get a quick fix of the most important changes thanks to the selection of Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.1 update highlights below. Find out everything that has been fixed and changed below.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.88 Update Highlights
The only new feature in the latest Rainbow Six Siege update is Match Cancellation. This comes into play when you begin a match and your team is smaller than your opposition’s. If you have teammates leaving before the first round begins, or the lobby is incomplete, you will be given the option to vote for Match Cancellation during the match’s prep phase. You will need a majority vote in favor to cancel a match. Thankfully, a canceled match won’t have any impact on your MMR.
If for whatever reason, you leave a match before the validation of a Match Cancellation, you will receive an abandon penalty. You need to wait for the match to be canceled before you leave. Don’t jump the gun if you’re worried about MMR.
Changes & Fixes
Plenty of balancing changes and more general fixes have been implemented thanks to the Y5S2.1 update. Melusi’s penalty zone has been reduced by around 33%, for example. You’ll be glad to hear, too, that Melusi’s Banshee is now quieter when in the first-person POV. The Banshee’s hitboxes are no longer larger than its model, too.
It’s not just Melusi that has been fixed and changed, however. Oryx should now be able to climb on the southern side of the hatch from B Secure Hallway on the Bank map, for example. Read through the full list of patch notes below for every fix and change.
Rainbow Six Siege 1.88 Update Patch Notes (Y5S2.1)
Read through the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege 1.88 update patch notes (Y5S2.1) below, courtesy of Ubisoft:
Match Cancellation will go live with the Y5S2.1 update! We have tested it on the TS and as well as internally against a number of potential circumstances. However as it is a new feature, please let us know if you have any feedback or issues to report with Match Cancellation at r6fix.ubi.com.
- Match Cancellation is a new feature that will allow players to cancel their current Ranked match under the condition that team sizes are unbalanced at the beginning of the match (eg: if players disconnect before the first round, or if a lobby is formed with less than 10 players). The Match Cancellation vote option will become available for the incomplete team during the prep phase and a majority vote will cancel the match. A canceled match will show as canceled and have no impact on MMR.
- Abandon penalties are still in place and players who abandon an ongoing Ranked Match are still subject to escalating abandon sanctions.
- If a match cancellation vote is triggered, leaving before the validation of the Match Cancellation vote will also result in an abandon penalty. Players should remain in the game until the Match Cancellation vote is validated and the game has been canceled.
- Lowered the penalty zone by approximately 33%.
- Reduced max range penalty radius from 6m to 4m (range in which penalty increases from 25% to 50% the closer you get to the gadget)
- Reduced critical Range penalty radius from 3m to 2m (range in which penalty is 50%) See diagram below for how Banshee’s penalty ranges work.
- Lowered the sound of the Banshee effect in first person POV.
Ace & Hibana
- Explosion damage can no longer pass through reinforced walls and destroy fragile gadgets on the other side when you place Hibana’s X-Kairos and Ace’s SELMA on the floor.
- FIXED – Inconsistent runout detection timer meant detection would sometimes take longer than 2s. (Now should consistently take 2s to detect).
- FIXED – The reload animation of the K1A resets if animation is interrupted when making a full reload.
- FIXED – Bomb remodel tweaks to fix issues with pixel peeks.
- FIXED – Hitboxes of Melusi’s Banshees are larger than the model.
- FIXED – Yokai can sometimes see onto the rooftops/second floor when attached to thin ceilings.
- FIXED – Vault issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various clipping and dynamic clipping issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD/visual issues on maps.
- FIXED – Oryx unable to climb on the southern side of the hatch from B Secure Hallway in Bank.
- FIXED – Operators can be killed/damaged by explosion damage through a solid wall in 2F Meeting Room on Consulate after first layer of floor is destroyed.
- FIXED – Lighting issue in 1F Small Tower Office of Oregon making it hard to see operators when prone in a dark corner.
- FIXED – Pixel peek from 2F Dorm Hall in Oregon.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed inside the pots in 1F Kitchen of Oregon and still function.
- FIXED – Defenders can jump onto the window frame of 2F Fireplace Hall in Kafe.
- FIXED – Gadgets remain floating after being placed on barrels that are later destroyed in B Wine Cellar of Chalet.
- FIXED – Players can see into Chalet from a specific spot in EXT Front Yard.
- FIXED – Secure area zone of 2F Bedroom in Clubhouse does not properly cover the entire room.
- FIXED – Drones can fall OOB by jumping on a ledge in B Oil Pit of Clubhouse.
- FIXED – Players can fall inside a decorative greenery pot, at the gazebo near EXT Main Entrance on Coastline.
- FIXED – Operators can go prone on small ledges/surfaces, allowing them access to areas that are not intended to be accessible.