The Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.2 update is live now on PC, coming later (as part of the incoming Y5S2.3 update) on PS4 and Xbox One. Skip to the end of this guide to read through the complete list of Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.2 update patch notes. Stick with us a little longer, meanwhile, to read through a selection of the Rainbow Six Siege July 14 update highlights below for a quick fix of what’s been changed this time around.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.2 Update Highlights
The only new feature that has been added is the Player Reporting Panel. The introduction of the Player Reporting Panel should make reporting other players a simpler and more intuitive experience in-game. Alongside the Player Reporting Panel upgrade, plenty of smaller bug fixes have been made.
Player Reporting Panel
It should now be easier than ever to report offending players in Rainbow Six Siege. The Player Reporting Panel gives you plenty of information for each kind of report you wish to send in. Extra-detailed descriptions of each type of report allow you to make a more informed decision on your report and why you’re sending it in. This should all make it easier for you and Ubisoft to more accurately apply discipline to players breaking the rules.
You’ll find the new Player Reporting Panel in the Player Profile Panel. You can report a player once per match. No more spamming reports for Ubisoft to deal with.
Alongside the new Player Reporting Panel, plenty of bug fixes have been implemented. The game should, hopefully, now launch when you have an active AntiVirus program running protection, for example. You can find the complete list of bug fixes in the patch notes down below.
Rainbow Six Siege Y5S2.2 Update Patch Notes (July 14)
Read through the complete Y5S2.2 update patch notes below, courtesy of Ubisoft:
Player Reporting Panel
- The Reporting Panel is getting an upgrade! Building upon the last addition of more reporting categories to improve the granularity of in-game reports, we’ve added a new player-reporting panel. This new panel will provide you with more information on each type of reporting category so you can make an informed decision about which report type best fits the situation. More accurate reports from you and other players, means we can make sure we’re handing out the appropriate sanctions to players that deserve it.
- Access the Report options via the Player Profile Panel. Each report type has a description to help you choose the most appropriate report type. Once the report is made, you’ll receive a confirmation message that we received the report . Players can only be reported once per match per player.
- FIXED – Issues with launching when AntiVirus protection is on.
- FIXED – Gadget does not always properly deploy if the button is released right before completion.
- FIXED – Various clipping issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various visual texture issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various issues with vegetation on maps.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai can hide in certain spots on Bank due to missing collision with map assets.
- FIXED – Uneven floor in Coastline.
- FIXED – Defenders are not detected as being ‘Outside’ when in the window frame of 2F Control Room on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Missing compass location on minimap on Tower.
- FIXED – Some lower sections of soft walls on Kafe can act as unbreakable surfaces.
- FIXED – Unbreakable sign in 1F Office Hallway of Bank.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed in out of reach areas in 2F Control Room on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Defuser can’t be picked up after being dropped in the fountain in EXT Fountain on Villa.
- FIXED – The bottle in B1 of House is indestructible against guns and impacts.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed inside the pots in 1F Kitchen on Oregon and still function.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck on the cupboard of 1F Kitchen on Oregon and become unrecoverable.
- FIXED – Attackers can be spawn killed from EXT Warehouse on Cluhouse.
- FIXED – Gadgets can be deployed in out of reach areas in 2F Cash Room on Clubhouse.
- FIXED – Attackers can be spawn killed at EXT Warehouse.
- FIXED – Drones can clip through the furniture in 3F Bathroom on Yacht.
- FIXED – Various Menu/UI issues.
- FIXED – Various visual cosmetic issues.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic clipping issues.