Divinity: Original Sin channels the spirit of old classic RPGs and in turn presents a fantastic experience. It also channels the difficulty of old RPGs and does little to hold the player's hand. Thus, the opening hours of the game can be especially challenging, but these tips should help newcomers to the world of Divinity.
- Pick a couple of main stats to increase along your playthrough. Levels don't come often in Original Sin, so spreading the wealth is not the best option.
- Focus on variety in your party, and try to include one wizard.
- The Loremaster ability is important because it allows you to identify items. Put at least one point into the ability.
- There's a shovel near the first battle with the orcs in the game (on the beach). Pick it up and bring it with you - you'll need it.
- The Pet Pal talent allows you to talk to animals, and they often have insightful things to say. It's a talent worth investing in.
- Complete side quests. This may sound obvious, but experience is needed in the opening hours before you venture into new territory. Complete a lot of the early side quests to level up a bit.
- You need multiple ability points to level up a single ability past level one. So if you want a level two ability, you need two points.
- Elements play a huge role in combat. See the ground covered in fire? Use some kind of water spell to clear the field. Combine fire and poison to create explosions. Try out a series of combinations to see what works best.
- Pay attention to weapon durability, and keep a repair hammer at the ready if you have the requisite crafting skill.
- Steal paintings, sell them to merchants for a lot of gold, repeat.
|Amazing||You have solved Bellegar's maze.|
|Baaah||You have met the legendary weresheep!|
|Brutal Truth||You told Aureus that his soldiers are cowards.|
|Captain Jack||You found a job for the unemployed. They will work for Captain Jack.|
|Caught in the Game||You tried to sneak past the guards… And failed!|
|Disciples of the Watch||You sent the Watch after those annoying imps.|
|Echoes from the Past||You talked Ebenezer into... fighting you.|
|Escape||You safely returned to the surface.|
|Fabulous Disaster||The Fabulous Five packed their bags and left town.|
|Feeble Screams from Forests Unknown||You have safely entered Phantom Forest.|
|Fields of Regret||A certain potion wore off and that had some consequences...|
|Find the White Witch||You have rescued the White Witch.|
|Forged in Fire||And water. And air. And Earth.|
|Forgiven||You advised Desdemona to forgive Samson.|
|Gimme Shelter||You have saved the Homestead at the Shelter Plane at the End of Time.|
|Grand Finale||You have totally, completely, and utterly finished the game! Woooo!!!!1|
|Grizzled Finale||You have made it into the Source Temple.|
|Headlines||You talked to Icara and learned more about Leandra's plans.|
|I Walked with a Zombie||You defeated Evelyn and found Councillor Jake.|
|Into the Void||You have met the Conduit.|
|Is Anyone Home?||You defeated the four elemental demons, unlocking the prison of...|
|It Could Be Mine||You kept Cecil's staff for yourself.|
|Keelhauled||You killed the ghost of Pontius Pirate.|
|Kingdom Come||You made Archibald king of the trolls.|
|Leave My Girl Alone||You saved Bonnie!|
|Live Undead||You informed Aureus about the source of the undead.|
|Locked In||You made it so that Loic couldn't escape and had to fight you alone.|
|Man on the Silver Mountain||You escorted the whole party safely to Silverglen.|
|Mister Nice Guy||You delivered Blossius' will to Marisa totally unaltered.|
|Model Citizen||You returned the mayor's mighty staff.|
|No More Mister Nice Guy||You delivered the will to Marisa... After changing it in your favour.|
|Peace Sells||You found a way to open the barrier without harming any mushrooms.|
|Push It||You pushed this one button we wanted you to push. Congratulations!|
|Raw Deal||You have made a deal with the demon Balberith.|
|Run Down the Devil||You have destroyed Balberith.|
|Sacrifice||You came face-to-face with Mangoth himself. MANGOTH!|
|Shell Shock||You met a talking shell called Ishashell.|
|Skull Crushing Finale||You have finished the Trial of Ascension.|
|Sleeping Village||You made it into Hunter's Edge.|
|Suspicious Minds||You've found your primary suspect.|
|Take No Prisoners||You rescued the prisoners and helped them escape.|
|Team Roller||You thwarted Billeh Gahr's trap with teamwork.|
|The Declaration of Indifference||You have offered one of your own to the demon Balberith.|
|The Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Test||You passed the test! Well, one of many.|
|The Mirror Inside||You have solved the puzzle that we call the Mirror Dungeon puzzle.|
|The One That Got Away||Esmeralda was freed from prison.|
|The System Has Failed||You sent the Watch on a wild goose chase.|
|The Wizard||You have found Zandalor.|
|The World Needs Guts||You found a job for the unemployed with the Fabulous Five!|
|Time to Kill||You have created a spell that makes Death Knights vulnerable.|
|To Hell with the Devil||You have killed Cassandra to get hold of the soulforge repair ritual.|
|Trick Bag||You've found the legendary teleportation devices of Rivellon!|
|Truth Be Told||Get Brandon to tell you the truth about the mining guild.|
|Undeath Is Just the Beginning||You told Arhu about Thelyron's machinations.|
|Unforgiven||You advised Desdemona not to forgive Samson.|
|Voices from the Past||You talked Ebenezer into... Not going to the Hall of Echoes.|
|Well, Well, Well||You have united the well brothers.|
|Whiskey in the Jar||You brewed a fine whisky for Hershel.|
|Wicked Young Man||You have killed Arhu to get hold of the soulforge repair ritual.|
|Wrecking Ball||You destroyed Snorri's ball outside of the time limit.|
|You and Me||Sam and Maxine are going to be wed!|
|You Keep Me Rockin||You kept the Tenebrium for yourself.|
|Zero the Hero||You lied to Aureus and said that his soldiers are true heroes.|