Is PUBG Banned in India? Following a government ban of 59 Chinese mobile applications, gamers are worried that battle royale title Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds might be next on the chopping block. So, is PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile banned on iOS and Android devices in India? Stick with this guide to find out.
Is PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Banned in India? | PUBG Mobile ban
PUBG Mobile hasn’t been banned in India at the time of writing. News of the PUBG ban in India isn’t completely unfounded, however. It’s been reported that the Indian government plans to ban as many as 275 additional Chinese apps in the country. One of the applications said to be on the list and potentially marked for termination is PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Though the PUBG India ban hasn’t yet occurred, it seems possible that Indian players will lose access to PUBG Mobile in the future. India’s government has deemed that continuing to allow Chinese apps could be detrimental to the country in various ways. In a statement, the 59 already banned apps were termed: “prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, the security of state and public order.”
For now, all that we can do is wait and see what the eventual outcome is. PUBG Mobile is published by Tencent, a Chinese juggernaut and potential prime target for the concerned Indian government. A PUBG ban in India wouldn’t be all that surprising as a result, however much it might anger fans of the popular online shooter.
Is PUBG Banned in India? | PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile ban
- PUBG hasn’t currently been banned in India.
- Although the game is still available for the time being, it could get a ban in the future.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Mobile is reportedly on a list of up to 275 Chinese apps marked for banning in India.
- Chinese mobile applications are being banned because the Indian government believes they could pose a defense threat.
- Only time will tell whether or not the PUBG India ban is actually carried out.