- Feel free to change classes at your leisure. Unlike other MMOs, FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is a game in which you can easily change your character on the fly.
- Levequests are a great way to gain experience, as they can be repeated.
- Hold on to lower level quests in case you change classes and need to level up quickly. Otherwise you'll be forced to grind in less efficient ways, such as participating in FATEs (essentially public quests).
- Always head to an inn before you log off. You get a nice little experience boost while you rest at the inn.
- Crafting classes are a great way to make items that can be sold for gil. You can also farm for crafting materials, which can be sold for other crafters to purchase.
- Feel free to rebind keys to your liking. If you're going to spending hours upon hours with a MMO, it's best to get comfortable.
- Don't worry about holding on to too much gear, as the armory chest takes care of that problem. Only potions and other important materials actually make it to the inventory.
- Definitely consider working towards a specialized class (job), as they have very useful/powerful abilities. It means you'll have to level up multiple classes, but it'll be worth it.
The PS3/PS4 versions of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn include trophies, but the game has its own achievement system in which players are rewarded for completing a staggering number of tasks. They range from killing X number of monsters to completing dungeons and raids. Each achievement includes points, which in turn results in special titles and even cool new equipment. Be sure to keep track of your in-game achievements and be on look out for Jonathan, Master of the Rolls in Old Gridania to claim in-game prizes.