The Horizon Zero Dawn PC throw rock choice is the first Flashpoint decision you come up against. After Bast throws a rock at Aloy, you have to decide how she will respond. Here’s what you need to know about what happens if you through the rock at Bast and what the best option is. Read on for this first, big Horizon Zero Dawn dialogue option outcome.
Should I throw the rock at Bast in Horizon Zero Dawn?
Decisions like this in Horizon Zero Dawn ultimately don’t matter. If you think Bast deserves it, you can throw the rock (though you might be disappointed by the outcome). Alternatively, you can opt for peace or strategically knock his other rock out of his hand.
Here are all of the results of this first Flashpoint choice:
- Confront – “Aim for his head.”
- Aloy will throw the rock, but Rost will hit it with an arrow and prevent it from striking Bast.
- Insight – “Knock the rock from his hands.”
- Aloy will hit her target, disarming Bast.
- Peaceful – “Drop your rock.”
- Aloy will drop her rock, but Bast will still attempt to throw another. Another Nora child will stop Bast at the last moment.
Again, this decision won’t play a large part in the plot, nor will making “the wrong choice” mean being locked out of any additional missions or rewards. This applies to all decisions in the game, where the outcome ultimately plays out in the same way.
While characters may sometimes refer to a Flashpoint decision with some unique dialogue, that’s all that these choices impact.
And if you missed our Horizon Zero Dawn PC review, you can find our overall thoughts here.