The August 2020 update to Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 is now available to players across PC, PS4, Switch, and Xbox One. This update offers the new Natural Wonder picker as well as a Tech and Civics shuffle to keep gameplay feeling fresh. Of course, there’s also a selection of bug fixes and other enhancements to be found. Keep reading for the full list of Civilization 6 patch notes for August 2020.
Civilization 6 Patch Notes | August 2020 Update
Among the biggest features in the Civilization 6 August 2020 update is the Natural Wonder picker. This allows you to customize which Natural Wonders will appear during your game, with the ability to both add and remove various selections. This option can be found within Advanced Setup.
This patch also introduces the Tech and Civics Shuffle mode, which will randomize your path throughout the game’s Tech and Civics trees within a set historical era. The effect will apply to all players, but any undiscovered options will remain hidden until their prerequisites have been completed.
Ready for the full scoop? Here’s the complete list of Civilization 6 patch notes for the August 2020 update.
Balance and Polish
- Removed the free population amenity.
- Added an amenity to the palace.
- Increased the Golf Course amenities by 1.
- Decreased all negative amenity level thresholds by 1. Increase Happy and Ecstatic’s minimum by 2.
New city thresholds:
- Ecstatic at 5+
- Happy at 3 to 4
- Content at -1 to 2
- Displeased at -3 to -2
- Unhappy at -5 to -4
- Unrest at -7 to -6
- Revolt at -8
Negative amenities non-food yield decrease changes:
- Displeased -10%, was -5%
- Unhappy -20%, was -10%
- Unrest -30% (stays the same)
- Revolt -40%, was -60%
- The Theater Square now gains a major adjacency bonus with the Entertainment complex and Water Park.
Government Plaza Buildings
- Grand Master’s Chapel provides +5 faith.
- +3 Diplomatic Favor from the Foreign Ministry.
- The Naturalist unit now initially costs 600 Faith and will increase by 100 Faith after each purchase.
- Fixed issues that prevented Apostles from receiving all available promotions.
- The Appeal stat has been added to the trait section of the Districts, Terrains, Improvements, and Features Civilopedia pages.
- The text for the Acropolis district now correctly shows major adjacency bonuses for adjacent Wonders.
Apocalypse Game Mode
- Reduced volcanic activity.
- Reduced frequency of Aid Requests.
- Added CO2 production to Soothsayer actions (50 for causing a disaster, 30 for sacrificing a unit).
- Forest/Jungle Fires now remain in the burnt state longer.
- Added some bias towards getting governments with lots of wild card slots.
- Fixed an issue where the AI was overvaluing bonuses from governments for cities with governors.
- Increased desire for civics that unlock new governments. Capped desire for Theology for high Faith income civs (ensures they can move on to tier 3 or 4 governments).
- Various AI improvements.
- Governors assigned to a City-State are now displayed in the City-States panel.
- Fixed an issue that caused map selection to break.
- Various UI bug fixes and polish.
- Fixing balanced start positions choosing invalid placements.
- Added bias for starting in the center of a continent the player does not share with other majors.
- Fix crash when forming a Corps and the unit that is joining is not on the map.
- Additional crash fixes.