- Try to be stealthy at all times. The Evil Within is not an easy game, and getting the jump on enemies helps a lot.
- Stunned enemies can still be stealth killed, even from the front.
- All enemies aren't blind, so don't rely on your lantern too much. They will spot the light.
- Be on the lookout for keys. They allow you to unlock lockers in the morgue to receive extra items.
- Disarm traps to receive trap parts, which allow you to craft new bolts for the Agony Crossbow.
- Focus on headshots for the larger enemies.
- If you upgrade your health, you will be fully healed.
- Although disarming traps proves useful for trap parts, you can also use them to lure enemies and kill them.
- Shoot weaker enemies in the legs and then burn them with your matches.
- Save often. It's a simple but very important tip.
Extra Modes and Weapons
You can unlock additional content in-game by satisfying the corresponding requirements, as indicated below.
- New Game+ - Beat the game once on any difficulty
- Nightmare Difficulty - Beat the game once on any difficulty
- Machine Gun - Beat the game once on any difficulty
- Rocket Launcher - Beat the game once on any difficulty
- Brass Knuckles - Beat the game once on Nightmare difficulty
- High-Powered Sniper Rifle - Collect all map fragments
- Burst Pistol - Collect all map fragments
- Automatic Handgun - Beat the game with a complete archive
|First Step into Darkness||Complete the game on Casual difficulty.|
|Another Day on the Job||Complete the game on Survival difficulty.|
|Master of Horror||Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty.|
|Every Nook and Cranny||Collect every collectable in the game.|
|Master of Unlocking||Open up all the lockers in the save room.|
|Hardbody||Fully upgrade all of Sebastian's attributes.|
|My Best Friend||Completely upgrade one weapon.|
|The Power of Three||Completely upgrade three weapons.|
|Unstoppable Arsenal||Completely upgrade all weapons.|
|Why Can't I Hold All This Ammo?||Upgrade all options in the Stock menu.|
|Blow Up the Playing Field||Use a secret explosive weapon to kill 10 enemies. (Agony Bolt effects negate results)|
|Full House||Kill 5 enemies with each type of Agony Bolt.|
|Silent Kill||Kill 5 enemies in a row with a sneak kill without being discovered.|
|Burn, Baby, Burn!||Kill 5 enemies with a torch.|
|...And the Corpses Mount||Kill 30 enemies.|
|Krimson PD Fury||Kill 200 enemies.|
|One Man Army||Kill 400 enemies.|
|Ammo Conservationist||Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks.|
|Bloody Bar Brawl||Sneak Kill an enemy after hitting them with a bottle.|
|Drop It Like It's Hot||Kill 3 living enemies with one drop of a match.|
|The Quick and the Dead||Finish the game with a clear time of under 5:00:00.|
|It Is What It Is||Finish the game without upgrading any skills with green gel.|
|You Asked for It||Finish the game on 悪夢(AKUMU) mode.|
|A la Corvo||Have they lost their minds? Better get past them without a fight. (Ch.2)|
|Knife Beats Chainsaw||His engine roars, but my knife is strong enough to take him out. (Ch.3)|
|Home Is Where the Hospice Is||That vision in the hospice... why here? Why now? (Ch. 4)|
|Not Part of the Job Description||The water's rising, but we'll get out of this without a scratch. (Ch. 5)|
|Everybody Gets One||Who wouldn't reach out for a man clinging for his life? (Ch. 6)|
|I Don't Have Time for This!||It won't stay dead! Better only fight when I have to. (Ch. 7)|
|Item Management||This cave echoes like crazy. Better put the gun away and keep quiet. (Ch. 8)|
|Bathed in Flames||Enough running! I'll burn her to the ground right here! (Ch. 10)|
|Not a Scratch on Her!||I'm not taking any chances, this bus can't take much more damage. (Ch. 12)|
|Entry Level Electrician||I should get this whole generator panel running just in case. (Ch. 14)|
|Weapon of Choice||Defeat the Sadist within the village.|
|Old Flame||Finish off a shrieking beast.|
|Two on Two||Take out both guardians before the church.|
|What's in the Box?!||Escape the Keeper beneath the catacombs.|
|The First, Not the Last||End a monstrosity in the underground garage.|
|Arachnophobia||Outrun a gigantic threat in the city.|
|Slither Into Oblivion||Remove an invisible enemy from the equation.|
|One of the Many||Defeat the ultimate evil within.|