THPS 1+2 Remastered features a create-a-skater mode that allows you to make your own skater and dress them in a ton of cosmetics. However, it’s not immediately apparent how you can make your skater (or even change characters for that matter). Here’s how to use the create-a-skater function in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 Remastered and how to get new cosmetics to dress them up.
How do you create-a-skater in THPS 1+2 Remastered?
Accessing the create-a-skater function in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 (official site) is pretty simple, but it’s easy to overlook. Making a skater or just changing characters, in general, requires just one button press in the right place.
- Go to the main menu (Tony Hawk should be standing there if you’ve just started the game).
- Press Triangle (PS4) or Y (Xbox One) to access the character selection screen.
- At the top, you should see four blank boxes. Select one of these to start the create-a-skater process.
How to get more cosmetics for my skater in THPS 1+2 Remastered
There are many cosmetics available in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2 to dress up your skater. You’ll find licensed and generic shirts, shoes, pants, hats, socks, tattoos, skateboards, axles, wheels, and more to customize your character.
There are two ways to unlock cosmetics in THPS 1+2:
- Through completing challenges.
- By achieving the right level and purchasing them with cash.
Some challenges will reward you with skateboards and clothing. All you need to do to claim these is to move to the challenges tab and press Triangle (PS4) or Y (Xbox One).
Some clothing in the store is locked when you first start playing. If you place the cursor over them, you’ll see what you need to do to obtain them. For the most part, you’ll just need to reach a certain level, at which point they become purchasable for cash you earn in-game.