- Though Wasteland 2 offers freedom in its character creation options, prowess in combat is the most important thing. Make sure your party can handle their own in battle.
- Feel free to leave Luck at 1 since it's the last useful attribute in teh game. The other six are far more important.
- Have each character use a different weapon so you can spread out ammo you come across.
- Focus on just a few skills and level those up. Being a jack-of-all-trades can be great in other games, but you need to be more focused in Wasteland 2.
- Having at least one party member with high charisma can be very useful, as it opens up more conversation options and potentially allows you to avoid combat altogether.
- Remember all those E.T. Atari cartridges that were buried? Well, they're buried in the world of Wasteland 2 as well. Go Northwest of the Ranger Citadel in Arizona to find them.
- The sewers near Highpool contain a sign that says "Good morning, Vietnam!" This is a reference to the 1987 film starring Robin Williams.
- There's a safe in Silo 7 that requires the password "joshua." That password will sound familiar to fans of the 1983 film "WarGames."
- There is a 1988 copy of Computer Gaming World in AG Center. The Game of the Year: the original Wasteland of course.
- The museum contains the Red Rider BB gun, a reference to the classic Christmas film "A Christmas Story."