- Weapons level up the more you use them, so pick out the ones you like most and stick with them. You can still experiment, but have one or two trusty go-to weapons for key situations.
- Always be moving. Sunset Overdrive is as much about traversal as it is combat, so grind and bounce your way out of sticky situations.
- Visit vendors like Two Hat Jack often - they get new inventory as the game progresses.
- Buy the maps to find collectibles, since they also function as a way to buy more amps.
- Some weapons and amps only unlock after completing certain story missions, so don't spend too much time with sidequests. Yes, they're fun, but they're even more fun with a wider variety of equipment.
- Experiment with Amps. These power ups provide players with different abilities and skills, and some combinations will work better than others.
- Pay attention to which weapons work best against a type of enemy. For example, the TNTeddy works best against the OD.
- Remember to press the X button to switch from grinding to undergrinding, and vice versa.
- Easy Grinding. When you tackle the mission called A Hero's Duty, make sure that you take advantage of the opportunity to easily grind for a bit. Once you reach the right part of the mission, you'll encounter a never-ending supply of Fizzco Robots and OD that you can defeat to quickly level up your weapons. First, help Camp Bushido to defend against the robots. Then head across the tram bridge toward The Oxfords. Here, you'll endure random missile strikes from nearby blimps, but you can grind back and forth and kill the spawning enemies for as long as you wish. They're a ready source of money and Overcharge, so keep the location in mind. You can always return to the mission after you beat it, too.
|Orange Soda||5,000 OD'd Massacred.|
|Perfection||Complete an optional Night Defense without losing any of your Overcharge.|
|The Floor is Lava||Chain together 100 traversal moves without stopping or touching the ground.|
|Stylish Kills||Kill 500 enemies while at Style Level 3.|
|Let Me Count the Ways||Burn, Shock, Freeze, or Enrage 1000 enemies.|
|Favorite||Upgrade one of your guns to Level 5.|
|Many Favorites||Upgrade 10 guns to Level 5.|
|I Like Them All||Upgrade 20 guns to Level 5.|
|Amped Up||Equip five AMPs on your character at the same time.|
|Over-Amped||Earn an Amp upgrade in Chaos Squad.|
|Badge||Earn a badge.|
|Who is Sending These?||Loot 25 emergency supply drops.|
|Can't Commit||Equip one piece of clothing from each Faction at the same time.|
|The 0.1%||Spend at least 25,000 Overcharge.|
|Overachiever||You earned an achievement.|
|Appreciation||Watch the credits all the way through.|
|Not So Secret Ingredient||Get to the bottom of Fizzco's corporate secrets.|
|Roleplay While Roleplaying||Reach Level 99 in Ignatius' epic RPG campaign.|
|Vat Pack Rat||Upgrade the Overcharge vats at every Fort.|
|Ultimate Collection||Liberate all the comic books for the comic book collector.|
|Defender of the Realm||Clear Fargarthia of a hidden evil.|
|Revolutionary||Take back Sunset City for the misfit survivors.|
|Equal Opportunity||Complete a quest from every faction.|
|A Challenger Appears||Complete 10 challenges with at least a bronze rating.|
|Second Place||Complete 30 challenges with at least a silver rating.|
|The Champion||Complete 50 challenges with a gold rating.|
|Chaos in the Old Factory||Survive Chaos Squad in the Old Factory District with at least 150 Chaos.|
|Chaos in Little Tokyo||Survive Chaos Squad in Little Tokyo District with at least 325 Chaos.|
|Chaos in the Harbor District||Survive Chaos Squad in the Harbor District with at least 750 Chaos.|
|Chaos in Downtown||Survive Chaos Squad in Downtown District with at least 1625 Chaos.|
|Orange Soda II||15,000 OD'd massacred.|
|Grind Kills||Kill 100 enemies while grinding.|
|Bounce Kills||Kill 100 enemies while bouncing or while in the air.|
|Trap Kills||Kill 500 enemies with traps.|
|Flung to Safety||Kill 100 enemies by flinging them into danger using the Springboard Trap.|
|Grind Melee||Melee 50 enemies while grinding.|
|Out of Stock||Destroy 250 Overcharge XT vending machines.|
|Crash Landing||Destroy 25 Fizzco Blimps just because you can.|
|Overdrive||Unlock an Overdrive.|
|More Overdrive||Unlock at least one Rank 4 Overdrive.|
|Intel||Collect all 40 Smartphones.|
|Explorer||Find all 20 secret sightseeing locations in Sunset City.|
|Big Brother||Destroy all 150 Fizzco security cameras.|
|Wire Tapping||Eavesdrop on nine conversations by hacking into satellites.|
|It's Art, Ok?||Deface 40 billboards with graffiti.|
|Shoe Closet||Collect all 150 shoes hanging from wires.|
|Going to Need a Bigger Closet||Collect 250 fashion items.|
|I Should Get Paid for This||Beat Insomniac QA's high score of 534,080 on the Challenge "Buck's Revenge."|
|Replay||Replay any Mission and complete it under par.|
|Not the Boss of Me||Replay the final mission and defeat the boss under par.|
|What's Your Sign?||Collect all 150 Overcharge hologram signs.|
|Hot Air||Collect all 150 Fizzie balloons.|
|Litter||Collect all 150 scraps of toilet paper.|
|Mixology 101||Collect 20 Amps from Floyd.|
|Oh the Horror!||Survive Horror Night.|
|Dusk Til Dawn||Survive one night at your Fort.|
|Buck National||Become a reality TV star.|
|Plan B||Survive the glider crash and look for another way out of Sunset City.|
|That Balloon||You killed a balloon.|
|Scout's Honor||Become an honorary Troop Member by finding Bryllcream and defeating Norton.|
|Ultra Mega Kill||That was a lot of pigeons.|
|Save Everyone||Save Sunset City from Fizzco's second-most powerful robot.|
|Excalibro||You forged the mythical Excalamune.|
|This is My City Now||You beat the final Fizzco corporate machine.|