Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare features new Exoskeleton suits, in which players can swiftly maneuver across the environment with various abilities. The Exoskeleton appears in the campaign and transitions over to the game's multiplayer modes as well. Listed below are the many Exoskeleton functions.
Players can choose one Exo Ability for multiplayer loadouts, or two if they have the Tactician Wildcard.
- Exo Cloak: Hide yourself for a short amount of time.
- Exo Hover: Hover in place for a few moments.
- Exo Mute Device: Move silently.
- Exo Overclock: Move faster.
- Exo Ping: Shows enemy activity on the HUD.
- Exo Shield: A shield that attaches to the player's arm and briefly provides protection.
- Exo Stim: Gain health past the maximum capacity for a short amount of time.
- Exo Trophy System: Destroy grenades and rockets coming your way.
Exo Launchers refer to explosive equipment and drones that can be equipped for multiplayer. The Bombardier Wildcard allows player to equip an additional grenade in loadouts.
- EMP Grenade: Disable your opponent's exoskeleton and other equipment.
- Explosive Drone: A drone that seeks out enemies and explodes on contact.
- Frag: Standard frag grenades, like any Call of Duty game.
- Semtex: Sticky explosives that trigger after an amount of time.
- Smoke Grenade:
- Spike Drone: A dangerous drone that attacks enemies and returns when you call it back.
- Stun Grenade: Impair the enemy's vision and slow them down.
- Threat Grenade: See enemies through walls with this grenade.
- Tracking Drone: Track down enemies and highlight them.
- Variable Grenade: A grenade that cycles through various functions, such as stun, EMP, or smoke.
The following set of moves come with the Exoskeleton itself, but be careful when using them in multiplayer. Doing so will reveal your location on the map without a special perk.
- Boost Dash: Much like Boost Dodge, but this allows players to shift in mid-air. Again, use the sprint button in a particular direction to execute it.
- Boost Dodge: Use the sprint button and push in a direction to quickly dodge out of the line of fire or into cover.
- Boost Jump: Press jump twice to execute a much higher jump.
- Boost Slam: While in the air, press the crouch button to pound the ground and cause damage to nearby enemies.
- Melee: The Exoskeleton's melee capabilities send enemies flying. The game still allows players to use knives though.