How do you change the charging sound on iOS 14? If you’ve just updated your iPhone or iPad to the latest iOS version, then you might be wondering how to change the charging sound in iOS 14. In that case, keep scrolling for the complete guide to changing charging sound on iOS 14.
How do you change the charging sound on iOS 14?
To change the charging sound on iOS 14, you’ll need to make use of Apple‘s “Shortcuts” application. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to change iOS 14 charging sound:
How to change charging sound in iOS 14
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for “Shortcuts” and download the application.
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- From the “Automation” tab, select the “Create Personal Automation” option.
- Scroll down and select the “Charger” option.
- Tick “Is Connected” and tap the “Next” button.
- Tap the “Add Action” button.
- Enter “Speak Text” into the search bar, then click the matching action.
- Enter the desired text.
- Click “Next” and finally tap the “Done” prompt.
When entering your desired text into the “Speak Text” application, selecting “Show More” allows you to do things like edit the voice.
By following the same process, but selecting “Is Disconnected” during the sixth step, you can also set a custom automation for when your iOS device is disconnected from a power source. Naturally, you can set whatever text you like. Whether you choose to have fun with it or simply instruct your phone to say terms like “charging” and “not charging” is up to you.
This is a cool way to customize the iOS user experience for many, but also a valuable accessibility tool for anyone that might need it. Changing the changing sound on iOS 14 is definitely one of the better features introduced in the divisive iOS update for Apple iPhone and iPad.