Is my Call of Duty account safe? Following widespread reports of an Activision data breach, people are understandably having security concerns. Are you likely to experience a CoD account hack, though? Keep scrolling to learn if you should be worried by the Activision hack and what you can do to protect yourself.
Activision Hack | Is my CoD account safe?
Statistically, your Call of Duty account is probably safe. Reports suggest that up to 500,000 Activision accounts have been compromised (via Dexerto), which is an unflattering number, to be sure, but less than 1% of the 50 million+ that play CoD: Warzone alone. Despite that, we’d recommend changing your password as soon as possible.
Call of Duty Hack | How to change Activision account password
- Visit the “Retrieve your password” page by clicking here.
- Type your email address into the provided field, then click the “Submit” button.
- If done correctly, you’ll see the message “Password reset sent” appear.
- Open your inbox and locate the Activision account email.
- Click the link and set a new password.
- The stronger your password the better, so try to use a mixture of numbers, symbols, and both upper and lower case letters.
If you don’t see the Activision account password reset email hit your inbox immediately, try not to worry. There may be a delay due to the high demand for this service at the moment. Additionally, be sure to check your junk folder and/or spam filter.
If you believe that your Call of Duty account has been accessed without your permission, you should submit an account recovery request.
For what it’s worth, Activision has stated that the claims of a security breach “are not accurate” on Twitter. Replies to the tweet have been disabled, however, so interpret that as you will.
Once your account security is handled, check out when Modern Warfare Season 6 begins.