Can you enable Activision account two-factor authentication? Recent reports suggest that more than 500,000 Activision accounts have been hacked. It’s probably a good idea to beef up your security then, but is there an Activision account two-step verification option? Stick with this guide to find out.
Do Activision accounts have two-factor authentication?
Unfortunately, you can not enable two-factor authentication for an Activision account. Since this option isn’t available, the best thing you can do in the wake of the reported Activision hack is to change your password.
While it is possible to link multiple gaming accounts to a single Activision account, allowing you to login with those details, we wouldn’t recommend doing so in an attempt to boost your security. It could give a hacker more ways to access your Activision account. Even worse, anybody with access to your Activision account may be able to hack additional platform accounts as a result.
Activision Hack | How to change your password
- Click here to visit the “Retrieve your password” webpage.
- Enter your linked email address into the text field, then click the “Submit” button.
- If done correctly, you’ll receive a “Password reset sent” notification.
- Open your inbox and locate the Activision account password reset email.
- Open the email and click the “Reset your password” option.
- Set a new password, ideally making it as strong as possible.
To create a strong password, you should use a mixture of symbols, numbers, and both upper and lower case letters. Try to make sure that it’s something you can remember and not just a stream of complete gibberish.
It’s worth noting that Activision has denied the recent hacking reports. In a statement posted to Twitter, it claimed that the information regarding an Activision hack is “not accurate,” despite many contradictory claims from users. Direct replies to the tweet have been disabled.
Whether you believe them or not, there’s no harm in taking the time to change your password and improve your Activision account security.