What is the Baldur’s Gate 3 crashing fix? That question is hot on players’ minds as the BG3 early access release suffers some unfortunate technical issues on PC. Thankfully, the dev team at Larion Studios has acknowledged several Baldur’s Gate 3 crashing issues and offered some temporary solutions as they work on a BG3 hotfix patch.
How to stop crashing in Baldur’s Gate 3 on PC
At the time of writing, there are numerous problems that can cause a Baldur’s Gate 3 crash. Some only happen in multiplayer, while others can affect solo players, too. Considering that the RPG is in early access, the ongoing BG3 stability problems aren’t too surprising. There’s also its popularity to account for, which has caused issues with purchasing and downloading Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam.
To stop Baldur’s Gate 3 crashing on PC, try these BG3 crash fixes recommended by the developer:
- Switch Baldur’s Gate 3 to DX11 instead of Vulkan.
- “Click on the icon next to ‘play game’ on the launcher, and select DX11 mode.”
- Do not leave the tutorial by activating the transponder while the protagonist is downed in combat.
- Don’t save during cinematics while playing in multiplayer.
- Avoid listening in to a conversation that has already ended in multiplayer.
- In multiplayer, the host must not save “directly” after combat.
Points three to six above are known Baldur’s Gate 3 crash causes, so avoid doing these things at all costs. Meanwhile, swapping the game to DX11 (points one and two) should help to improve the BG3 game experience and stability in general.
Larion is working to fix all of these issues “as soon as possible” via an upcoming Baldur’s Gate 3 update. The team is also actively taking player feedback, which should lead to more Baldur’s Gate 3 crash bugs being identified and fixed throughout the early access process.