The original Demon’s Souls was the originator of the online messaging system popularized in its successor, Dark Souls. Users can leave messages that appear in other players’ worlds and aim to either help or hinder them. Both goals are fair game, so players from both sides of the fence are looking to learn how to write messages in Demon’s Souls. Here’s how to leave messages in Demon’s Souls remake on PlayStation 5.
How do you write messages in Demon’s Souls remake on PS5?
Since Demon’s Solus, like all Soulsborne games, is quite challenging many players turn to the in-game messages for a helping hand. Sometimes they find exactly the opposite, but that’s all part of the experience. After gaining some insight, even beginners will look to make their own mark by leaving messages in Demon’s Souls. Fortunately, in this game, no special equipment is required to leave a message.
How to write a message in Demon’s Souls remake on PS5
- Launch Demon’s Souls on PlayStation 5.
- After loading into gameplay, access the “Toolbelt” menu by pressing the touchpad.
- Choose the “Messages” option.
- Choose a message template from one of the available categories:
- If required, choose a word.
- Press the “Finalize” button to scrawl the message at your feet.
Other players can then read the message and appraise it as either “Fine” or “Foul” depending on how helpful (or unhelpful) it is.
How to appraise messages in Demon’s Souls remake on PS5
- Find a flaming message sigil on the ground.
- Approach it, then press the cross button to read it.
- Press the left side of the touchpad to appraise the message as “Fine.”
- Press the right side of the touchpad to appraise the message as “Foul.”
Before voting on a message, it’s often a good idea to back out and perform a test to see if it was truthful or not. For those that want to watch the world burn, yes, honest and helpful messages can be negatively appraised.