When a hot new game launches, the last thing users want to be doing is searching for a Cyberpunk 2077 crashing fix. However, for some players, this title keeps crashing and freezing on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. Here’s how to stop the new Cyberpunk game crashing on PC and consoles.
How to stop Cyberpunk 2077 crashing and freezing
Cyberpunk 2077 crashes can happen for a number of reasons across PC systems, and the PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Thankfully, there are a number of fixes to try to get the game back up and running.
PC crashing and freezing fix
- Install the new Nvidia or AMD graphics card drivers.
- Stop unnecessary programs from running in the background.
- Lower graphics settings to find a more stable combination.
- Update Windows to the latest version.
PS5 and PS4 crashing and freezing fix
- Highlight Cyberpunk 2077 on the home screen, press the “Options” button on the controller, and select “Check for update.”
- To prevent overheating, place the PS5 or PS4 in a well-ventilated spot. Consoles can crash to protect themselves when getting too hot.
Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One crashing and freezing fix
- Download the latest patch to ensure new optimizations and fixes are applied.
- Move the Xbox console to a spot where it can access cool air. Inside closed TV cabinets may be convenient, but they can suffocate hardware.
Follow the above steps for these systems to help avoid crashing and freezing issues. This is a demanding game, but it should still be stable for all supported platforms.
Get up speed on ray tracing on console versions of Cyberpunk 2077. Eager players may be disappointed!
Stutter and lag can turn a great gaming experience sour. Here’s the GameRevolution guide to reducing stutter and lag in Cyberpunk 2077.
Players of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will unlock a treasure trove of goodies in Cyberpunk 2077. Here are the special in-game rewards.