Snapchat has the power to bring people together through hilarious photos and video sharing, but it can also be a burden. For some users, it’s now time to delete Snapchat and remove the app from their iOS or Android device.
How to delete Snapchat on iOS and Android
To delete Snapchat, users must go through several steps in order to permanently delete their account and remove the app from their device.
Here’s how to delete Snapchat in 2021:
- Open the app.
- Select the Snapchat icon on the device’s homescreen to open the app.
- Select the top-left icon.
- The button shows a silhouette of a person or your profile image.
- Tap the cog symbol in the top-right.
- This cog or gear will take you to the settings page.
- Scroll down and select “I Need Help.”
- This option can be found under the “Support” section.
- Search for “Delete My Account.”
- Use the search bar to type “delete” and the option should appear.
- Select the blue “Accounts Portal” text.
- Enter the username and password to confirm.
Once an account has been confirmed for deletion, it will first be deactivated for 30 days. During this time, friends won’t be able to contact or interact with the account. After 30 days, the account will then be permanently deleted.
To remove Snapchat from a device, simply uninstall it like any other application. On Android, holding a finger over the app and then dragging it to “Remove” deletes it, while on iOS users can hold a finger on the app and then choose “Delete app.”
It’s not possible to speed up account deletion under normal circumstances, but Snapchat customer service may be able to assist with special circumstances.
On the Twitch side of things, the PogChamp emote has been banned on Twitch following the man behind its origin promoting Capitol riots.
In more lighthearted news, a crazy Overwatch dancing glitch is terrifying players with its unsettling animations.