With Epic Games’ Fortnite maintaining its popularity in 2021, lots of players are looking to improve their skills this year. Though practice should eventually make perfect, there are several ways that players can immediately up their game. So, here’s how to get better at Fortnite by following a few easy tips and tricks.
How can I get better at Fortnite? (2021)
Winning is more fun than losing; that fact applies to life in general, but especially so to Fortnite. That’s why any player looking to earn more Victory Royales and Arena points needs to take note of the following pointers ASAP. Who knows, maybe someone new will be top of the Hype leaderboard after adopting these simple strategies.
How to improve at Fortnite fast
- Play with headphones.
- Wearing headphones allows players to hear enemies approaching, along with what direction they’re approaching from. This is important information that can be the difference between life and death.
- Don’t immediately jump from the Battle Bus.
- Rather than immediately jumping out of the flying bus at the start of each match, wait to see where other players land. With this knowledge, drop in an unpopulated location to claim more loot and avoid combat while unprepared.
- Practice building in Creative mode.
- All of the best Fortnite players can quickly build structures to help them gain an advantage. This skill comes with practice, and the best place to do so is in Creative mode without having to worry about enemies and resources.
- Play on a different platform.
- Mobile users are at a distinct disadvantage, due to the small screen size and inaccurate touch controls. If possible, aim to play on a console instead. Even better, start playing on PC as the mouse and keyboard offer the greatest level of precision.
- Change the gameplay settings.
- The default Fortnite options can hold some players back. Don’t be afraid to experiment with the aim sensitivity and other in-game settings to achieve the ideal setup.
Some of these changes might feel alien at first, though stick with them to get better at Fortnite. For anyone switching to the PC version, here’s how to download Fortnite for free on PC.
For more on the popular battle royale title, check out its massive new Fortnite x Soccer collaboration.