During the first hour of Little Nightmares 2, players will need to pull an axe out of some wood. However, it is too high to grab and Mono can’t reach it with a run and a jump. Thankfully, there’s a different way to get the axe down. Here’s how to do it.
How to pull the axe out of the wood in Little Nightmares 2
To pull the axe out of the wood in Little Nightmare 2 players need to:
- Climb onto the narrow ledge below the axe.
- The lip is just next to the door, as shown in the image above.
- Run and jump to grab the base of the axe.
- Hold the “Grab” button as Mono flies through the air.
- Pick up the axe and use it to free the girl.
- The axe can be used to chop down the wooden door to the room that the girl is being held in.
Once the girl has been freed, it’s time to leave the room behind. It’s not possible for Mono to bring the axe upstairs, so leave it behind.
It’s easy to overthink this simple puzzle and try running and jumping from the table opposite the axe, but it’s actually easier than it looks.
This game has many different puzzles that are easier than they first appear. While thinking outside of the box can be rewarded when hunting down the many collectibles, progressing through the story is often easy.
In the Little Nightmares 2 review, GameRevolution described the game as “a perfectly grim world.” Read the full thoughts to learn the pros and cons of this new horror title.
To watch GameRevolution play through the first 90 minutes (accompanied by a “Puppy Cam”), click here.
There are some great games launching in February. Know which titles to watch out for by checking out this round-up.