Nier: Automata on Steam is finally getting a patch that will bring it up to par with the other PC version of the game. The title was released on Steam with many issues, many of which were never addressed. However, Nier: Automata – Become as Gods Edition release on Xbox Game Pass for PC earlier this year and included a host of fixes that weren’t patched into the Steam version. Fortunately, those who have supported the PC version from launch will finally have some of their prayers answered.
What does the latest Nier: Automata Steam update patch do?
When the Nier: Automata Steam patch launches on July 15, the update will address a myriad of issues that have plagued the game since it was released on PC. It’s consistently had problems with crashes, resolution, and framerate, and fans have had to make mods and patches to address these themselves.
Fortunately, it looks like all the fixes that released with the Xbox Game Pass version of Nier: Automata are coming in the Steam patch, including:
- Audio bitrate improved.
- Pre-rendered cutscenes now play in 60fps at the correct aspect ratio.
- Now compatible with HDR on PC.
- Around 270 new 4K UI textures for icons, backdrops, and UI elements.
- Full 4K resolution support.
- Borderless fullscreen is now supported.
- A Global Illumination feature has been added that can be set to high, medium, and low.
- Ambient occlusion and bloom now dynamically change based on the game’s resolution.
- Fidelity FX CAS added.
- New anti-aliasing functionality added.
- Stablized framerate at 60fps by default.
- The mouse cursor now disappears when using a controller.
- Other stability fixes are also implemented.
One thing that wasn’t mentioned is whether or not the Steam version will be known by the Become as Gods Edition moniker or if it’ll continue as the Game of the YorHa Edition. It seems as though this patch will bring it up to par with the Xbox Game Pass version, but there may be some differences that remain. Given the success of Nier: Replicant, it’s good to see Square Enix is finally putting some care into making sure fans of the franchise get the best product possible.