- Support characters that belong to friends will have access to additional attacks they otherwise wouldn't possess.
- You can find special equipment when in Vortex. You can also earn extra HP. Limitations are that you can only unlock a single dungeon per day.
- Side quests will earn you special prizes, equipment that you cannot buy in a store, or a crafting recipe for a new spell or rare piece of equipment, or even to synthesize a new character.
- Hit “optimize” in order to automatically equip the best equipment for your character.
- Shop around as much as you can. Shop for potions and characters. In both cases having a lot of them increases your chances to survive powerful attacks.
- Limit breaks are powerful attacks but they can use you up fast. Think about saving them for situations when you need to inflict a lot of damage in a hurry. Don't waste it.
- Watch out for special characters: Metal Cactaur is useless in battle, but if you use it as a sacrifice when you enhance a character, it will give that character 10,000 EXP in one shot. Gil Tortoise can earn you 10,000 Gil when selling.