Is your Borderlands 3 Season Pass not working? Perhaps you’ve found the DLC content won’t download? Or maybe you don’t know how to access the Moxxi DLC? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Gamers have plenty of questions about how the Borderlands 3 Season Pass works, and we’ve got the details needed to understand how to download Borderlands 3 Season Pass content including Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC.
Borderlands 3 Season Pass Not Working | Moxxi DLC
If it seems that your Borderlands 3 Season Pass is not working because you can’t download the Moxxi DLC, the news is good: At the time of writing, Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC has not yet released. If you’ve found that you can’t download it, that’s because it isn’t available for download just yet.
The Borderlands 3 Moxxi DLC is slated for release on Thursday, December 19, 2019. For now, players convinced that the Season Pass DLC isn’t downloading simply need to wait for the expansion’s release date. Once the Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC goes live, the new content should be reflected in-game immediately, assuming players have already downloaded and installed Borderlands 3 Patch 5.
Borderlands 3 Season Pass Not Working | DLC Content
Beyond the Moxxi DLC, some players are encountering problems where the Borderlands 3 Season Pass content is not downloading. This is a separate issue that has been experienced by a few users who bought the Season Pass as soon as it became available for purchase.
The Borderlands 3 Season pass notably offers the Butt Stallion weapon skin, Butt Stallion weapon trinket, and Butt Stallion grenade mod in addition to four planned campaign DLC packs. At the time of writing, none of those DLC expansions are available—only the Butt Stallion extras can currently be downloaded.
If the Borderlands 3 Season Pass content hasn’t appeared in-game after purchase, here’s how to activate and download it:
- First, ensure that the content codes have been properly redeemed. If you purchased the Deluxe or Super Deluxe Edition of Borderlands 3 in a physical format, this involves copying the DLC code into the storefront for your platform, such as through the PlayStation Store or the Microsoft Store. If you purchased either of those editions in a digital format, this step is unnecessary.
- Assuming the codes have been properly redeemed and/or the content has already been downloaded, load up Borderlands 3 and head to the main menu.
- From the main screen, head to the game’s Social page by pressing the Menu or Option button on your controller or ESC on your keyboard.
- Look for the envelope-shaped Mail icon on the top of the menu to open the Mail submenu.
- From here, look for messages detailing preorder bonuses or DLC content. Open the messages and press the primary action button to Accept each piece and add them to your inventory.
If no items appear in the Mail submenu, it’s possible that there was a problem downloading some or all of the Borderlands 3 Season Pass or preorder bonus content. Check to ensure that any relevant codes have been entered into the storefront as per step one above. Alternatively, PlayStation 4 users can go back through their download history to look for DLC, while Xbox One users can double check through the Manage Game Add-Ons option within the My Games and Apps section.
If it seems like the Borderlands 3 Season Pass is not working, it’s best to first make sure the content is actually available. The Borderlands 3 Moxxi DLC will release on December 19, and the other three planned expansions don’t yet have release dates. The rest of the Borderlands 3 Season Pass content should simply appear in-game when available. If the Season Pass content hasn’t appeared or won’t download, double check your installed game version and ensure that you’ve entered any relevant download codes into your platform’s digital storefront.