Gears 5 fans are in for several new changes offered as part of the game’s latest update. As spelled out in the Gears 5 patch notes for Title Update 4, the newest addition to the game is the villain known as Kantus. Title update 4 also brings with it fresh changes to the Icebound map as well as refinements to Gnasher and general bug fixes. Keep reading to learn more about everything changed in the Gears 5 Title Update 4.
Gears 5 Title Update 4 Highlights
The biggest addition featured in the newest Gears 5 patch notes is the inclusion of Kantus. This new villain is being added to the roster as of Title Update 4, and comes alongside new Totem Challenges. Kantus will be available in both Core and Arcade.
This update also includes tweaks to the Icebound map. According to the developers, the changes were meant to “provide more ways to counter the strong rifle positions of the towers.” The idea is to draw focus away from the towers and toward the ice lake in the middle of the arena.
Finally, there are several gameplay adjustments and balance updates. Gnasher should be more in-line with the balance offered prior to title update 3, Estimated Wait Times have been added to playlists, and a host of bug fixes have been deployed. Find out more with the full patch notes featured below.
Gears 5 Title Update 4 Patch Notes
Here are the full Gears 5 patch notes for title update 4 as provided by the developers at The Coalition.
Title Update 4
- Addressed an issue causing hip-fire bullet magnetism to be incorrectly calculated, impacting consistency.
- NOTE: This arrives in Live Update 1 scheduled for ~1pm PT on Tuesday. This will not be active with the release of the TU at 10am.
- Fixed a bug causing bullet magnetism to be disabled on hip-fire when using a mouse
- Added new ‘Simple’ Omen Option
- Added a menu toggle between Simple (new) and Immersive (existing) Omen options
- Reduced overall redness for Immersive Omen
- Added new unique damage indicators for receiving active damage on the Omen
- Damage indicators will now fade immediately upon removal of an incoming threat (e.g. Enemy shooting you was killed). The most recent damage indicator will otherwise remain on the Omen until health has started regenerating
- Fixed an issue that hid the Omen momentarily when being grabbed as a meatshield
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Omen to flicker with dynamic resolution changes
- Added a 0.25 second delay before being able to melee after firing
- FFA: DBNO Self Revive Time lowered to 8s (4s if tapping) – was 15s (7.5s if tapping)
- FFA: Removed one magazine from Overkill ammo on pickup
- FFA: Increased respawn time for Breaker Mace and heavy weapons to 120s (was 60s)
- Arcade Blitz: Hills now drain points very slowly when uncapped, rather than never draining
- Escalation: Weapons can now be placed at half-time
- Kantus added to character roster
- Baird’s Global Sentry Upgrade card no longer effects Baird’s weapons
- Baird’s Experimental Weapons card no longer applies to heavy weapons
- Lahni’s Shock Chain card now functions correctly again
- Icebound: New geometry changes, weapon layouts and ring updates to improve gameplay
- The Pit: When scoping with a Longshot on a slide, the scope will now appear and accurately show where your shot will land
- The Pit: Fixed an issue that could cause players on slides to float / fly or move erratically
Fixes and Improvements
- Added Estimated Wait Times for playlists
- Added stats for FFA Quickplay and Arcade Blitz
- Added a ‘Mark All Viewed’ button to Customization menus
- Fixed an issue where users would sometimes not be able to finish a Hive playthrough on Map Builder when verifying with more than one user
- Fixed an issue causing global chat to not display for both teams
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause the front-end menus to enter into a broken state if a lobby dissolves immediately
- Fixed an issue that prevented the step-down animation from playing when a user cover slipped over a drop down
- Fixed an issue where LTing with a heavy weapon near High Cover would drag the player into cover leaving them unable to LT
- Meatshields can now be grenade tagged by opponents
- Added messaging to alert users to already owned content when viewing bundles (such as the Operation 2 Bundle)
- Horde: Resolved a bug that could cause Level 4 MG / Shock Sentries or Weapons Lockers to be unable to be picked up after being healed and then placed inside a piece of cover
- Horde: Fixed an issue that could cause a user to be unable to move after being saved by Jack from a DBNO struggle with an enemy
- Horde: Fixed an issue that could cause negative damage values in the scoreboard
- Guardian: Players who Join In Progress or Rejoin will now be able to respawn if their leader is alive
- Tiles: Minor fixes to address LOD and lighting issues on a number of tiles
- Keyboard: Key binding any movement, combat or actions to “K” will now work on Allfather’s Arena
- PC: Fixed a crash that could occur shortly after launch
- Campaign: Fixed an issue where the Skiff could become stuck if mounted too quickly after killing enemies at the lower bridge controls in Vasgar
- Campaign: Fixed an issue where the Skiff could get stuck in the air in Vasgar
- Campaign: Fixed an issue that could cause infinite loading after the end credits
- Versus: Improved lighting on the MVP screen
- Accessibility: Narrator will now mention options to quit or change profile in the menus.
- Accessibility: Narrator will now specify the player’s MP level when reading out the number