A new update to Overwatch has arrived today, January 28, 2020. The latest update’s patch notes spell bad news for five of the game’s heroes, with a fair amount of nerfs all across the board. From damage reduction to duration decreases, this is an update that die-hard players will need to be aware of. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Check out the full January 28, 2020 Overwatch patch notes below.
Overwatch | January 28, 2020 Patch Notes
The January 28, 2020 Overwatch patch notes focus mainly on Hero updates. More specifically, they include a number of nerfs for several heroes, including Hanzo, Sigma, and Orisa, to name a few.
Orisa is hit hardest by the nerfs in this update: Her Fusion Driver damage has been reduced, the Fortify cooldown has been increased, and the Halt snare duration has been reduced. Sigma doesn’t fare much better: His Gravitic Flux can now be interrupted, and the slow duration was reduced by 33 percent. To make matters worse, the damage from Accretion has been similarly reduced by a third, bringing it from 60 damage down to 40.
Not one Hero in Overwatch had its power bolstered by the latest update — it’s nerf or nothing. Thankfully, these only affect Baptiste, McCree, Orisa, Reaper, and Sigma. The rest of the game’s heroes remain untouched… for now.
Here are the full Overwatch patch notes for the January 28, 2020 update as provided by the team at Activision Blizzard.
- Storm Arrows
- Damage reduced from 70 to 60
- Firing Deadeye no longer locks the player’s aim
- The Reaping (Passive)
- Healing amount reduced from 40% to 30% of damage dealt
- Fusion Driver (Primary Fire)
- Damage reduced from 11 to 10
- Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
- Snare duration reduced from 1 to 0.65 seconds
- Gravitic Flux
- Can now be interrupted before targets begin falling
- Impact slow duration reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 seconds
- Explosion damage reduced from 60 to 40
- Biotic Launcher (Primary Fire)
- Recovery time increased from 0.35 to 0.45 seconds
- Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)
- Heal explosion reduced from 60 to 50