A new Halo MCC update has arrived following the addition of Combat Evolved Anniversary to Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Released on March 6, 2020, the latest patch adds in a new 3D model viewer for Halo: CEA and addresses several community-reported issues. Keep reading to learn about everything changed or adjusted in the latest Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch notes.
Halo: MCC Update | March 6, 2020 Patch Notes
The biggest new addition detailed in the latest Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch notes is the 3D model viewer. It’s been made available within Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and comes alongside a new celebratory background video. Maybe this latter feature is why the update download size is so large: While the patch is 306MB on Steam and 1.79GB on Game Pass, it clocks in at a hefty 59GB on Xbox One.
The March 6 update also adds in an option to switch between classic Combat Evolved audio or updated Anniversary audio in multiplayer game modes. This option can be found in the H:CEA settings menu. Finally, several bugs have been addressed and fixes for stability and crashing have been issued.
Here are the full Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch notes for the March 6, 2020 update as provided by the team at Bungie.
- New spartan customization 3D model viewer for H:CEA
- A new option in your settings to toggle between either the classic Halo: Combat Evolved (H:CE) multiplayer audio or updated H:CEA audio when playing multiplayer
- The main menu background video has been updated to celebrate H:CEA joining MCC on PC.
- Additional Competitive and Social matchmaking options for H:CEA.
Game Install Size and Version
Please see the information below to ensure you have proper disk space to install each title from your desired store platform as well as are on the latest update.
- Latest Version
- The latest version of the game is 1.1389.0.0
- Xbox One
- 59GB update
- Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)
- 1.79 GB update
- 306.0 MB update
Resolved Community Issues
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Significant improvements have been made during flighting in February. For a full list of resolved flight issues, please head over to the MCC Development Update for February. Below are additional issues resolved issues:
- Improved game stability resolving several crashes.
- Player became invisible in a Ghost by boarding the vehicle while entering a teleporter.
- HUD positioning better reflects legacy.
- Respawn beep sound effects have a lower pitch than in legacy Halo: CE.
- Multiple remastered sound effects playing in H:CE multiplayer when set to “Classic.”
- Added ability to set primary and secondary weapon in custom games.
- Sometimes controller vibration continues when pausing the title.
- Player name appearing during camouflaged states better reflects legacy.
- Plasma projectiles from Type-25 Spirit are now aligned with the turrets.