We've seen quite a few Transformers games over the years. Sadly, most haven't been so great. The next one might just change that.
A game titled Transformers Devastation is currently in development, or at least that's what today's Best Buy Canada leak suggests with its box art, screenshots, and all. While usually a Transformers game announcement isn't met with too much applause, this one is different; it's not only published by Activision, but developed by the immensely talented Platinum Games, makers of Bayonetta 2 among other blockbusters.
Transformers Devastation is a fast-paced action game that's akin to Vanquish where you command one of five Autobots. Official details are below:
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- PlatinumGames signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bubblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bubblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more
As seen in the below images, which prove that this isn't just a rumor, it bears an artistic resemblance to The Wonderful 101, which is going to be considered a good thing by many.
Transformers Devastation was supposed to be Platinum Games' big new game reveal for E3 2015. As with many other primed announcements, the surprise has been broken a few days ahead of time. And no, it's not going to be an exclusive megaton since it's listed as coming to Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, and PS3.