- Related Games:
- EA SPORTS Madden NFL 16
PlayStation 4 was the top-selling console in the United States during the month of August, the NPD Group has revealed.
According to Sony's official statement (via GameSpot), PS4 was not only the best-selling console in North America last month, it also came out on top with regard to software sales. In fact, Madden NFL 16, which was August's best-selling piece of game software, sold best on Sony's home console.
I'm sure to no one's surprise, Minecraft continues to sell incredibly well in the States, coming in second place. A handful of platform exclusives made the list as well, with Gears of War: Ultimate Edition coming in third, Rare Replay placing sixth, and Until Dawn nipping at its heels in seventh.
Here's the top ten list of August's best-selling games:
- Madden NFL 16 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3)
- Minecraft (360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Xbox One)
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
- Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Vita)
- Rare Replay (Xbox One)
- Until Dawn (PS4)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Combo Pack (360, PS3)
- Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
What games did you purchase last month? Did any of your pickups make the list? With Sony's continued dominance in the console space, do you think Microsoft will ever be able to catch up with Xbox One? Believe it or not, PS4 is currently on track to outpace PS2 as best-selling console of all time.