- Related Games:
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward
The time has finally come. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward's first major post-launch patch is just around the corner, and today Square Enix revealed what it will include during a two hour Live Letter From the Producer.
FFXIV: Heavensward's upcoming 3.1 patch is being called "As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness". It is enhancing the game in a variety of ways by adding a plethora of content across the board, to addressing concerns among the community. It includes all the following:
- Main Scenario Missions:
- Exploratory Missions:
- The Diadem – join up with your free company (or not) to explore a high level wilderness for rare mobs and rarer spoils.
- Three difficulty options. Higher difficulty has greater rewards.
- The Manderville Gold Saucer Minigame:
- Lord of Verminion – use your minions in a strategy game.
- Saint Mocianne's Arboretum
- Pharos Sirius (Hard)
- Vanu Vanu Beast Tribe:
- New daily quests.
- Sanuwa mount reward.
- Dynamic quest levels.
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
- Knights of the Round Extreme.
- Void Ark (24-man). The first of a series of raids.
- House Sharing:
- Share your home with members on your friends list.
- Mounts, minions, and furnishings.
- Free Company name change option.
- Idling camera for taking screenshots.
- New MGP items.
- Aether Currents will no longer require sub-quests.
- System messages will be hidden during cutscenes.
- Bismarck & Ravana will be available via Duty Finder.
- Loot restrictions in Alexander Normal will be lifted.
- Experience in level 51+ dungeons will be increased.
- Ninja Mudra algorithm changed for quick input despite high latency.
As a Ninja player the Mudra lag is the highlight of the patch notes, but having new group content and Gold Saucer options is also worth being excited about.
A gorgeous trailer was debuted along with the above details. Check it out below:
Those anticipating the Heavensward Zodiac weapons, which will be called Anima, will be waiting a little longer, as they are planned to release in the upcoming 3.15. It has been confirmed a second time that already possessing a Zodiac Zeta level relic weapon will grant you an advantage in the upcoming quest line.
Patch 3.1 will release on November 10th for all platforms.