The third of four packs featured in the Gears of War 3 Season Pass, the "Fenix Rising" pack will cost 800 MSP ($10) and will arrive January 17, 2012. In addition to five new maps, it will include new character skins as well as the option to Re-Up their characters, attaining level 100 once again after resetting their experience and rank, to earn new rewards.
All five maps are based on significant locales in Marcus Fenix's history:
- Academy: Marcus was expected to receive officer training through the Oracle Academy but decided to fight with Dom and Carlos instead
- Anvil: Marcus searched for Hoffman at the fortress of Anvegad, aka Anvil Gate, hoping to use the cannons and walls of the battlement to fight off the Locust and Lambent
- Depths: In this underwater processing center, Adam Fenix tried to contact Marcus in the midst of the reckless affluence of Azura
- Escalation: Marcus remembers spending time with his mother, Elain, in his home's garden, but Haldane Hall has long been destroyed by the Locust
- The Slab: Marcus spent several years at this Jacinto Maximum Security Prison for treason and insubordination before the Locust arrived
Players, in Versus Multiplayer and Horde Mode, will also be able to use Recruit Clayton and Thrashball Cole on the COG side and Savage Marauder and Savage Kantus on the Locust side as character skins. Players can also "Re-Up" up to three times, not only getting a new rank icon color each time (Bronze, then Red, Green, and Gold), but also receiving exclusive, custom weapon skins to complement them:
- Re-Up Plasma – Animated flowing plasma in gold.
- Re-Up Omen – Shiny, red Omen.
- Re-Up Electric – Animated, golden electric shocks.