Capcom said they had huge plans for Street Fighter's 25th Anniversary and they weren't kidding. To celebrate the occasion, they have revealed a limited edition Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collector's Set as well as a global tournament with a $500,000 prize pool, "the highest the fighting game community has ever witnessed".
The Collector's Set retails for $149.99 and is set to release in North America on September 18. 2012 for both Xbox 360 and PS3. This is one-time collector's edition box set that includes the following seven items:
- An individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Four Street Fighter games: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition with all costume DLC (if don't have them already), and Street Fighter X Tekken including all character and Swap Costume DLC
- Two-disc Blu-ray set featuring a documentary on Street Fighter's legacy and a collection with three Street Fighter movies (Street Fighter IV Anime, Super Street Fighter IV Anime, Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie) and all episodes for the Street Fighter animated series
- An 8" statue of Ryu doing a mid-Shoryuken with flames that light up from below
- A 11-disc soundtrack with practically all the game music of Street Fighter, plus remixes and fan-created music
- A 64-page hardcover art book with both professional and aspiring artists
- A full-size martial arts black belt fashioned after Ryu's classic belt with his classic "Fūrinkazan" in kanji
The global tournament will feature all four games in the Collector's Set. The dates and locations for the tournament have mostly been confirmed, starting in Austin, TX in late July and going through New York City, Taipei, Tokyo, London, Sao Paulo, Los Angeles, and Paris. The finals will take place on December 8 in San Francisco. (I hope to grab a seat!)
To sweeten the pot, the first-place Street Fighter X Tekken player will be given the keys to a custom-designed, Street Fighter-themed Scion FR-S Sports Coupe (and to make sure there are enough entrants for the game). It comes "complete with video entertainment hardware from SCEA and a modified exterior from Five Axis including a custome FIVA:AD aero kit, spoiler, wheels, as well as many more premier components from leading automotive aftermarket companies".
Registration for the tournament can be done at the official Street Fighter 25th Anniversary website coming soon.