- Related Games:
- RPG Maker MV
It’s incredible how E3 leaks always seem to happen a few days before things are supposed to announce, it’s almost as if things were planned to leak after all. But we digress because yes, another game has leaked and this time it isn’t Walmart’s fault. No, this time we’re pointing the finger straight at Amazon after the branch in Mexico managed to leak RPG Maker MV.
The game hasn’t officially been announced by NIS America, but thanks to an on-the-ball ResetEra user, the leak seems real enough that it wouldn’t be too far-fetched to assume that the reveal will happen sometime this week or the next. RPG Maker MV has been out on the PC for three years now and has done reasonably well, but will it gain a prominent enough audience on the Nintendo Switch and PS4?
For those who aren’t aware, the RPG Maker series help players become the Supreme Overlord of developing the RPGs they’ve always wanted to play themselves. The series provides individuals with various features, tons of tools and a freedom that allows you, the player, to do (mostly) whatever you want.
While the leak was found on Amazon Mexico, a helpful Google Translate session (as well as a little help from Gematsu) of the summary helped us uncover what the game has to offer on the PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
The description reads, “Start an epic journey. With you. Become a master game developer with RPG Maker MV with an arsenal of tools at your fingertips to create elaborate, exciting, and memorable video games directly from your console. Then, share your adventures online with other players, who can enjoy your Ethical Chronicles.” It continues, “The possibilities are endless with the latest and greatest RPG Maker software. With hundreds of assets and an infinite number of ways to create your game, turn your dream story into the next great video game.”
Key features included in the RPG Maker MV, as summarized on Amazon, will be:
- Your next adventure starts here. A fantasy tale of knights and dragons? A modern history of high school romance? A chronicle of gods and demons? If you can dream it, you can make it.
- Game development is easy. RPG Maker MV provides the ease to navigate and develop with the world and character creation, personalization from around the world, and more.
- Brand, upload, and play. Enjoy games made by other players with the RPG Maker MV Player, last intervention to download and play, even without the RPG Maker MV software.
- An endless source of personalization. With hundreds of graphic assets and an infinite number of possibilities to create your own world and history, the sky is the limit.
- Dual audio (Japanese and English)
The release date of RPG Maker MV on Nintendo Switch and PS4 is said to be November 27, 2018. Whether that date is accurate remains to be seen.