Nintendo has revealed the top 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games, updating its hardware and software figures at the end of its second quarter. These new figures include Q2 sales for the Nintendo Switch Lite.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still tops the list of best-selling Switch games, followed by Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Super Mario Odyssey. Last month’s The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening scraped into the top 10, just ahead of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, which has sold 2.29 million units.
Nintendo revealed that software sales for Q2 reached 35.87 million. The top 10 can be viewed below:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (19.1 million)
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate (15.7 million)
- Super Mario Odyssey (15.38 million)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – (14.54 million)
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! (11.28 million)
- Splatoon 2 (9.28 million)
- Super Mario Party (7.59 million)
- New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (4.59 million)
- Super Mario Maker 2 (3.93 million)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (3.13 million)
In terms of hardware, 4.8 million Nintendo Switch consoles were sold in the previous quarter, with lifetime sales now hitting 41.67 million. This means that Nintendo needs to sell 11 million Switch consoles by March 2020 to reach its fiscal target of 18 million.
The recently released Switch Lite had an impressive launch, with it selling 1.95 million units by the end of Nintendo’s Q2 on September 30th despite it releasing on September 20th. It remains to be seen how well it will perform beyond its launch month, though it will certainly help bolster the Switch’s hardware sales.
Nintendo looks set to have a similarly impressive Q3. Ring Fit Adventure has brought a fitness-focused peripheral to the Switch that has received a positive critical and commercial response, while Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword and Shield round out 2019 with two heavy hitters. Moving forward, Nintendo also has Animal Crossing: New Horizons set for 2020, bringing another of its major franchises to the Switch in the process.