A new Capcom leak has reportedly revealed a bunch of new information pertaining to upcoming releases, including Resident Evil 4 VR, Resident Evil Village‘s planned release window, a Monster Hunter: Rise and Stories 2 PC release, and more.
What is in the Capcom leak?
The leak has allegedly confirmed a slate of planned releases, including (but not limited to):
- Resident Evil 4 VR for Oculus
- Resident Evil Village April 2021 release window
- Resident Evil Village PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X cross-gen release
- Monster Hunter: Rise PC release
- Monster Hunter: Stories 2 PC release
- Ace Attorney Collection
- Switch-exclusive IP codenamed “GUILLOTINE”
- New multiplayer shooter titled “SHIELD“
- Ace Attorney Netflix series
- Google Stadia paid Capcom $10 million for RE7 and RE8 to be released on the platform
- Sony paid $7 million for RE7 timed DLC and demo exclusivity
Further information includes a DLC pack for Resident Evil Village called ‘Ethan’s Trauma’ along with pre-order bonuses for the game.
Though a ransomware attack on Capcom has been confirmed by the company, the legitimacy of the above documents has not been verified. Currently, files with substantial amounts of data are being shared and distributed, including personal information related to customers and business partners. Capcom has approximated a maximum of 350,000 personal information items may have been stolen.
Capcom confirmed that the company was the victim of a “customized ransomware attack” in a statement today (via capcom.co.jp), with unauthorized access of its network leading to data being distributed online. Capcom offered its “sincerest apologies” to those who data may have been compromised, saying that it was currently undergoing an investigation.
Capcom also confirmed that “none of the at-risk data contains credit card information,” as the company uses third-party service provides to handle online transactions. The company is in the process of contacting the individuals and business partners whose data may have been stolen and compromised.